Brewer Fanatic

7/25/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Reds (Lohse) 6:05 p.m. CT

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Padres boards, the Brewers gave up Inman, Garrison, and Thatcher for Linebrink....they seems like a huge amount to give up.

Apparently we love guys that have over a 6 ERA on the road....I do not get this one if it is true.

Good trade, Linebrick, Turnbow, Cordero. We have Gallarado, Villaneoeva, Para, Sheets, Capuano, Bush were set at SP.

You forgot Ballfourhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Linebrink now becomes our 4th best reliever...i am so thrilled...if you look at Linebrink's stats, his effectiveness is not there anymore. A 6.06 ERA away from Petco.

Wise has been a much better pitcher this year than Linebrink.

I have been a In-Melvin-I trust person, and was wrong on the Carlos Lee trade. But this trade is truly perplexing. Inman had been excellent in his last 5 starts in AA.

I'm so glad Ned is sitting our 43 year old 3rd basemen Ryan Bonds tonight. You could tell he's really been struggling out there lately at the plate due to the physical wear and tear from playing BASEBALL! everyday. (Sorry, I don't know how to write in the blue, but i'm assuming it's pretty obvious I'm being sarcasticccc.) How do you write in the blue by the way?

I think Ned Yost is sending a message that you play hard or you don't play. No matter who you are.

Hardy and Estrada are out again for their antics in extra innings Monday night. And I didn't think of it until just now with Hart out again, but on one of his 3 strikeouts Monday night, he swung at a ball in the dirt and failed to run it out. That would explain those 3.

As for Braun, maybe he did something as well. If he didn't, it's a dumb night to give him off when you are already punishing 3 other starters. If he did do something punishable, then by all means, make your point now so in September they are playing the game the right way.

Quote:
weeks

counsell

mench

fielder

hall

jenkins

graffinino

miller

suppan

No Braun, no Hardy. Yost just loooves making sure our best hitters are never all in the lineup at the same time, eh?

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Is Hardy's back acting up again? Two days in a row for him.

Course both Hardy and Hart have struggled lately, so two days off hopefully will turn them around.

They could be giving Braun a day off here, trying to just "get by" against Cincy. Give him a little rest today, so he can play in all four games at the Cards this weekend. He has played in all 12 games in 12 days since the break.

EDIT: That's a good point as well, about sitting those guys to send a message.

Corey Hart and J.J. Hardy, the Brewers' slumping Nos. 1 and 2 hitters, were given the night off. Hart had only three hits in his last 28 at-bats (.107) and Hardy was in a 7-for-53 skid (.132).

They are probably the Crew's worst hitters right now.

Terrible lineup! I could get those first three out throwing a softball.

On another note the linebrink trade is deeper we are now going to acquire the services of one jermaine dye. Meaning, another player we will lose, we will receive so many comp picks that we will all forget the three mediocre prospects we gave up.

Any word on why Hart and Hardy are both sitting, besides our own speculations. Maybe Yost is upset with how Suppan has pitched of late. Pitch better Soup or this is the lineup you'll have for the rest of the year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Doesn't matter who is pitching against the Brewers tonight as the Brewers have one ugly lineup in there that is probably going to struggle to score.

Soup already has 30 pitches. Did he leave his command in st louis this is ridiculous. He throws so many full counts what happened to the fosh. He used to be able to get K's . He is a heart attack pitcher just change the channel flip back and hope he didnt give up anymore. Why can't sheets and gallardo rotate everyday until there arms fall off they are the only guys i can watch.

Archived