Brewer Fanatic

7/25/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Reds (Lohse) 6:05 p.m. CT

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
the sound of the crowd applauding that you just got up has to be the worst sound in the world.

Could always be worse, just ask Micheal Irvin when he was infamously greeted by cheers from hostile fans in Philly

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Guys,

Do you see any glimmer of hope that this team will play better than .500 the rest of the way?

Remember, they are now 3 games under .500 since the 25-11 start.

I think they will be..I really don't think they can play any worse.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/lsmp/healthadvice/depression2/depressed.jpg

A Brewer fan, sitting here, is shown pondering what the rest of the season will be like for the Brewers. The fan, named Marcus Tidwell of Milwaukee, feels depressed over the Brewers' future.

Vote for your least favorite aspect to this game:

1. Suppan getting hammered

2. Graffy leaving em loaded

3. Menchkins DP

4. Wise going weak after the HB

5. Yosted line-up

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Braun's strikeout was my least favorite moment of this game. I knew Jenkins wouldn't make contact and we wouldn't score a run. They just decided to end the misery quickly and do it in DP fashion instead of teasing us by giving Graffanino a chance.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Vote for your least favorite aspect to this game:

1. Suppan getting hammered

2. Graffy leaving em loaded

3. Menchkins DP

4. Wise going weak after the HB

5. Yosted line-up

1 followed VERY CLOSELY by number 5.

Personally, I thought Soup was going to be a dominant pitcher. He's way below average so far, imo.

Final thoughts:

A. Big Ed Sedar seemed miffed about tonight's lineup as well.

B. Big Ed Sedar called Suppan's start "an average start."

C. I was right. This Grayson character has been calling Craig Coshun, "Coshauny."

Please let's get them tomorrow.

The only reason we're in panic mode is that the Cubs continue to play out of their minds. If you look at the big picture, we still have one of the best records in the NL. Despite the fact we've played under .500 over since the great start, it's not like we're getting burried in the standings.

Quote:
Big Ed Sedar called Suppan's start "an average start."

So what's a good start for the guy we doled out the biggest contract in team history for? 5 innings 2 earned runs?

God Suppan is horrible but he'll get a pass from the media and talk show hosts because he wanted to come here and he has playoff experience! What a joke.

"the only reason we're in panic mode is that the Cubs...play out of their minds."

No Badgerfan, it's because we've watched the Brewers be managed by someone out of his mind.

"Big Ed Sedar seemed miffed by tonight's lineup as well"

Right there Big Ed has more insight than the current manager. Right now I'm all for Ed managing.

Quote:
Personally, I thought Soup was going to be a dominant pitcher. He's way below average so far, imo.

I don't think anyone was under the impression that he would be a dominant pitcher, except for those who saw the big money and assumed he must be super good. I think people are forgetting that he had a 5.83 ERA first half last year with St. Louis, and had an extremely strong second half (2.39). True, he hasn't been very good thus far, but he still has 1/3+ of the season to bring his ERA back down to his 4.00-4.25 range.

On a related note, I tuned in to the post game show, and lasted until Sparky had a rant on Soup by saying "I can't believe we paid 10 million a year to a guy who has a career 5 ERA!"

There's a couple things wrong with that.

1. He has a career 4.5 ERA.

2. He completely failed to mention that he has a 3.95 ERA his last 3 years.

3. He completely failed to ackknowledge that he is historically a lot better in the 2nd half than 1st half of the year.

Quote:
he still has 1/3+ of the season to bring his ERA back down to his 4.00-4.25 range.

Sorry I just don't see that happening at all. Right now if he pitched 6 innings and gave up 2 earned runs the rest of his starts this year his ERA would still be 4.35 do you really think he's going to do that?

Quote:
Sparky had a rant on Soup by saying "I can't believe we paid 10 million a year to a guy who has a career 5 ERA!"

Funny that he's whining about it since the dolt thought he was the ace of our pitcher staff before the season started. What an idiot.

Quote:
He has a career 4.5 ERA.

More like 4.62 but now I'm nitpicking.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quote:
He completely failed to mention that he has a 3.95 ERA his last 3 years.

I don't see how that matters right now. He's 32 so he's likely declining.

Quote:
He completely failed to ackknowledge that he is historically a lot better in the 2nd half than 1st half of the year.

Sorry that's just not true at all. The past 2 years it's been true but look at the past 5.

2006- 2.39 ERA

2005- 2.78 ERA

2004- 5.23 ERA

2003- 4.83 ERA

2002- 6.65 ERA

So he may be good in the 2nd half, he may be great in the 2nd half or he could be mediocre or awful.

Archived