Brewer Fanatic

Bob Costas

This might have been posted in a separate Schilling thread, but here's our future HR king on Costas:

"You mean that little midget man who absolutely knows jacks -- about baseball, who never played the game before?" Bonds said to a handful of reporters before Wednesday night's game. "You can tell Bob Costas what I called him."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
This might have been posted in a separate Schilling thread, but here's our future HR king on Costas:

"You mean that little midget man who absolutely knows jacks -- about baseball, who never played the game before?" Bonds said to a handful of reporters before Wednesday night's game. "You can tell Bob Costas what I called him."

Now I remember why I can't stand Bonds. Costas probably knows more about baseball than Barry, and I hope he fires back.

I hope that Costas is invited when they autopsy Bonds after he's shot down from the Empire State Building by Air Forces biplanes.

Costas will be able to remark on the brain that's shrunk to the size of a grapefruit and on the withered knot where Bonds's manhood used to be.

I take back any criticism I had of Costas. If he is going to lend his voice to the cause of Henry Aaron and get called names by Bonds in the process, then he's on the side of the righteous.

Costas has fired back at Bonds. Man I love this guy.

redsox.bostonherald.com/otherMLB/view.bg?articleid=1013600

"As anyone can plainly see, I?m 5-6½ and a strapping 150, and unlike some people, I came by all of it naturally," Costas said Thursday in a telephone interview.

"I?ve actually always had a pretty cordial relationship with Barry," Costas said. "I have no ill feelings toward him personally. I regard him as one of the greatest players of all time who got inauthentic boost and then became a superhuman player. I wish him no ill whatsoever."

Great work, Bob.

Screw you, Bonds.

If anyone wonders why it's so hard for people to get really excited about this record, here is a shining example. It's not just that Aaron was so classy or that Bonds is an egotistical cheater.

It's because Bonds is such a colossal ass. How can you root for a guy like that?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I realize this will open up a gigantic can of worms, but did he really cheat? Steroids weren't banned during his stretch of superhuman years.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Weren't steroids banned from baseball in like 1991?

I didn't think they were really banned at all until McGwire's andro deal came to light. I could be way off though.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Steroids were "banned" like other illegal drugs. And only because the government declared them illegal, not due to anything baseball did. They weren't tested for and if anybody asked, all you needed was a perscription. Bill Romanowski could probably help you out there...

I realize this will open up a gigantic can of worms, but did he really cheat? Steroids weren't banned during his stretch of superhuman years.

I believe they were banned but not tested for. The union wouldn't have anything to do with testing until forced to. Whether they were specifically banned or not is irrelevant since there was no point in banning something there was no way they could test for. I just find that arguemnet to be hollow. They knew it was illegal. Further more they knew it was cheating other players and the game regardless of the technical rule at the time. They shouldn't have needed to have a specific bylaw in the CBA to know what they were doing was ethically and legally wrong in general thus ethically and legally wrong in baseball. I would also add that by the time Baroid started using them even andro was banned. It's hard to believe if an over the counter substance was banned one that required a perscription for medical purposes only wasn't banned.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

If only there were substances out there that could help Bob Costas became larger. Well, maybe one day . . .

I get like 10 emails a day to do just that.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote:
"As anyone can plainly see, I?m 5-6½ and a strapping 150, and unlike some people, I came by all of it naturally,"

Score one for Bob. I bet that one hurt, Barry. Maybe barry should stick to picking on people who won't fight back, like babies and Davy Lopes.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Quote:
Steroids were "banned" like other illegal drugs. And only because the government declared them illegal, not due to anything baseball did.

Not completely true. Fay Vincent banned them in 1991:

Quote:
"The possession, sale or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance by Major League players or personnel is strictly prohibited ... This prohibition applies to all illegal drugs ... including steroids."

Archived