Brewer Fanatic

BPro projected records (Latest: THT predicts Brewers finish 1st)

Ennder

AL east goes to boston with superior pitching in the toughest division in baseball. bos-98 wins ny-91 tor-88 tb-80.

The Yanks' pitching will be vastly improved from last year. Hughes & Kennedy should make the rotation from ST, allowing Joba Chamberlin to start the season in the 'pen. Early rotation: Wang, Pettite, Hughes, Mussina, Kennedy... with Joba waiting to join if Moose's 2007 WOAHs return, or at the first injury. I honestly think it's an open debate as to whether Bos or NYY has the better SP - especially if Schilling misses all or most of 2008.

I agree with you that Det. gets no love from the sim, but there's no way they win the AL Central that big, imo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I don't think the Tigers are really better than the Indians so I have no problem with the results. If Bonderman isn't healthy that is a pretty bad rotation and the bullpen is nothing amazing either. The lineup is good but there is a lot of regression that I expect to happen from last year so a lot of renteria/cabrera value will be used to offset the career years by guys like Ordonez and Polanco.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=762

They are updating this with strength of schedule adjustments. They also mentioned that this is after trades even when the players show up in the wrong depth chart. I also found this to be an interesting comment.

Note that the Cubs, who have probably the easiest schedule in baseball, are the only team to gain two wins

I never really thought about it but as the 'best' team in the weakest division and an easy interleague schedule the Cubs really do have an extremely easy schedule this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived