Brewer Fanatic

Mench-Rangers-minors

polwonks

I guess being close to his home was very important to him. I remember him saying it to the Milwaukee media, and you would think that he had a bigger chance of making an opening day roster with the Royals or even the Yankees.

We're gunna need a new batch of players to hate on this year.

I've got a bad feeling that some of the new additions to the bullpen are gonna get torched. Both on the field and here. I'd rather see them succeed of course, but if anyone is going to be the whipping boy, it's going to be one of them.

We're gunna need a new batch of players to hate on this year.

I think the Kendall and Turnbow hate will more than make up for it. I'm sure there will be others, like if Gagne blows a save on Opening Day or something, or if Cameron never puts it together after the suspension.

I don't see Mench staying on the Rangers' roster all year, but it looks like he valued returning to the D/FW area more than playing time. Who knows...maybe a return to Arlington will boost his numbers back up again and he'll be able to cash in next offseason or something.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Mench doesn't have to much value because his numbers are nothing short of horrible when facing RHP. It's simple... Mench coming up to bat in late inning.. sub the pitcher. Bam.. burned a spot. Next turn, when your RHP batter is up, call to the pen again and bring in a LOOGY, you either bat vs. the horrible # or burn another spot. That's why platoons suck soooo bad. Yes you get good numbers when batting against their handed pitcher, but you have to burn through a ton of your bench protecting the platoon advantage.

Ohh and he always super tired after running out a double, like he smokes 15 packs a day. And Kendalls my already designated stooge for next year, after all he made my Game Worn #18 Gross jersey worth crap! And my #18 Gross jersey T worth crap! He may burn from the fire of 1000 suns for that!

If Nix makes the team, he definitely has a leg up on getting hated. That ESPN article on Tony Gwynn's hit described Nix as "slumping" last year. His whole career has been a slump!

Kendall also will probably get hated, due to his horrible hitting and throwing.

I'd say the candidates for hate in 2008 are approximately:

1: Laynce Nix

2: Jason Kendall

3: Eric Gagne (people may be skeptical due to his time in Boston and his PED use, so if he gets off to a bad start...)

4: Derrick Turnbow (people are getting sick of him)

5: Chris Capuano (the long losing streak will be in the front of people's minds unless he gets off to a good start)

6: Ned Yost (if the Brewers aren't well above .500 by the break, I expect people to start being very upset with him)

7: Guillermo Mota (see Gagne, substitute New York for Boston)

8: Gabe Kapler (Milwaukee has no affection for him, unlike Boston, so if he gets many ABs, I expect some dissatisfaction)

9: Claudio Vargas (if he is in the rotation this year with guys like Villy and Parra waiting in the wings, it could get ugly)

10: Abraham Nunez (because he is absolutely terrible and should not see the field)

Uggh, Joe you made me sad. Somehow I forget that we had Abraham Nunez, but you had to bring him up. I can't wait to go to go to a get away day and see a line-up of: CF Gwynn, C Kenall, 1B Dillon, 3B Hall, SS Counsell, LF Kapler, RF Nix, 2B Nunez, P Vargas.

And knowing our luck we'll win 15-3 convincing Yost to use that lineup again.

/OT

I think I'll keep a small seed of hate for Gwynn as long as there are people that think he can hit.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived