Brewer Fanatic

7/27/07: Brewers (Vargas) @ Cardinals (Maroth), 7:10 p.m. CT

thablingster
Just got back from the game, and I really, really like Busch Stadium. Although, I'll have more time to explore tomorrow afternoon with my SRO tickets. The Cardinals fans were really nice, even the crazy people on the train on the way home. The guy who was sitting next to me was kinda annoying, as he kept doing a Bob Uecker impression, which instead sounded exactly like Will Ferrell's Harry Caray. It's a good sign when your worst experience was the scorecard; it didn't have any sort of pitching lines and had only 9 spots in the the batting order. Nice to see decent pitching and a lively offense, especially in person.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Seems like the Cubs never blow a game and the Brewers blow them all the time."

Seems like a stretch to say the Cubs blew one last night. Although if failing to rally and win after being down three runs in the 8th is considering "blowing it", then yeah, the Brewers DO blow games all the time.

Bless Ryan Freel, and his game-saving throw to the plate. Here's to hoping that Harang can be as filthy today as he was against the Brewers this week. If the Crew can split a doubleheader and extend their lead on the Cubs, that'd be fine by me.

Archived