Brewer Fanatic

7/27/07: Brewers (Vargas) @ Cardinals (Maroth), 7:10 p.m. CT

thablingster
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
What sucks is that you know that after this offensive explosion, we'll get as many hits in the remaining three games as we have tonight. That's just how it works, right?

That seems to be the case a lot of the time for this team anyway. I'm not sure how common that is for others

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I would love to see Vargas make it through seven innings. Not sure his pitch count will allow that, though. I don't envy Yost's job when it comes to managing the bullpen this weekend.

Any idea who the Brewers will use in the 9th? I was surprised Claudio went 8 I can't imagine they'll let him put up a 130 pitch count and watch him be worthless for a month. It does look like we'll have a big edge in the pen tomorrow essentially completely rested while they've burned two arms that would be hard pressed to see any action tomorrow.

Quote:
Shouse was up, so I'd imagine he's in for the 9th.

Shouse is a good choice. He typically only comes in for a batter or two (although he has shown the ability to pitch more lately), so using him for a mop-up inning shouldn't hurt his ability to pitch to a lefty tomorrow.

Archived