Brewer Fanatic

Just got this off ebay, anyone know the beckett value?

I just picked up the March monthly Beckett on Saturday, but Yount is not listed in it. Each version of the epic materials is listed seperatley, the lowest price Blue listed is $20 and the lowest Teal listed is $15. So I'm guessing, depending on the color, Peavey is probably really close to the value being between $12-15. Hope that helps.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Beckett isn'ta good guide to value since you will never see anything actually sell for Beckett value. Ebay is th ebest way to find value because it is exactly what the card will go for on an open market so it is exactly what it is worth. Also, like someone said there are so many jersey cards out there that Beckett value really means nothing.

Great looking card though

Thanks.

No problem. Believe me, I've bought a lot of cards on e-bay and wondered if I've over or underpaid a number of times, so I understand the feeling. I've sunk a lot of money into my "projects" (ie, wasting my money on Brewer/Packer cards) and wondered about resale value.

Beckett isn'ta good guide to value since you will never see anything actually sell for Beckett value. Ebay is th ebest way to find value because it is exactly what the card will go for on an open market so it is exactly what it is worth. Also, like someone said there are so many jersey cards out there that Beckett value really means nothing.

Great looking card though

Probably 100% correct and it has to do with "efficient markets". If there were only 10 people on eBay, it wouldn't be considered "efficient". The other end of the spectrum is the New York Stock Exchange, which is considered "efficient". Individuals may believe the value of a company's stock should be more or less than the current price, but because the market it efficient, the value at that moment is exactly what the market defines it as. So, assuming eBay is efficient at this point (and it's probably very close to that when it comes to collectibles), then the value is whatever two people in that market is willing to sell/buy it for (just like the NYSE).

There is a difference, obviously, since we're talking about multi-day auctions (vs instantaneous value-determining transactions), but the concept is very similar. Of course, if you do NOT believe it's an efficient market, then there could be "deals" to be had. And I believe there may be situations where it isn't efficient due to the number of items up for bid at any given time versus the number of buyers looking/bidding on a particular item. But with the number of people constantly on eBay (particularly looking at collectibles), I'd argue is more efficient than not.

Just my two cents and I also agree it's a nice looking card.

I agree with the sentiment that E-bay has essentially become the secondary market for cards at this point. Beckett value really only is valuable if you're at a card show or something like that. If you want a decent idea of the value, keep an eye on auctions that come up on this in the next few weeks and see what they go for.

And it's not a bad idea to scope out similar (though not necessarily identical) items ahead of time to get an idea of what to spend if you're targeting something specific as my buys usually are.

As someone with 500+ Yount cards and items, book value means nothing. I've bought $10 cards for $1 and vice versa.

One of my proudest finds was a mac and cheese box, unused, with Robin on it. It was $1.95 at a card shop in my hometown, back then, single and awash with cash, I would have paid $40 for it.

Archived