Brewer Fanatic

Cubs having tough spring

Ennder

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080302&content_id=2400416&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Cubs outfielder Alfonso Soriano was scratched from Sunday's game after suffering a non-displaced fracture of the tip of his right middle finger during an early drill

The Cubs have had a variety of injuries this spring. So far, infielder Mark DeRosa was hospitalized with an irregular heartbeat, pitcher Jose Ascanio had a bruised face after getting punched in a robbery attempt, and outfielder Felix Pie missed a couple of days early because of a twisted testicle. Third baseman Aramis Ramirez remains sidelined with a sore right shoulder.

Soriano will be out of action 3-4 days, he is also having some lingering leg issues. That Pie injury sounds painful, heh.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"pitcher Jose Ascanio had a bruised face after getting punched in a robbery attempt"

Sounds fishy to me. Any confirmation on this story?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I believe Twisted Testicle used to open for The Clash.

Wow, I would never wish this stuff on anyone, beyond Soriano's garden variety baseball injury, we have a heart condition, a robbery, and an injury which will have 98% of the BF.net user base turning pale for the next three hours.

Felix Pie missed a couple of days early because of a twisted testicle

I had something like this, I think. I was playing basketball, and it didn't get hit, but all of a sudden it hurt like hell, and hurt for about 2 weeks. I thought it might be a hernia, but it suddenly went away in between my first and second doctor's appointment. So who knows. I just hope it never happens again.

"pitcher Jose Ascanio had a bruised face after getting punched in a robbery attempt"

Sounds fishy to me. Any confirmation on this story?

This was reported in the Arizona Republic. It's a true story. He went to a Circle K (local convienence store chain) in Scottsdale and as he got out of his vehicle some thug asked him for all his money. Ascanio told him no and the dude punched him in the eye and ran off. Ascanio then drove to the nearest hospital and was checked out. Sweet Lou said he had a completely swollen eye and quite the shiner.

Also, Jeff Semardzija (sp) from Notre Dame (Cubs prospect) had his identity stolen from the CLUBHOUSE by a homeless man in Mesa. He took Jeff's credit card to the local WalMart down the street and used it and they caught him on tape in WalMart using it. He also made off with tons of jewelry. Makes me wonder how this man is homeless if he is yanking all this jewelry. There are definitely no shortage of pawn shops in Mesa!

pitcher Jose Ascanio had a bruised face after getting punched

Maybe Zambrano thought he was Michael Barrett.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived