Brewer Fanatic

Royals exhibition games: on sale 03-04, "On Deck" details included

patrickgpe
Yeah -- If you hauled ass at 9 -- and got to be first(ish) in line for Braun, and got Braun -- by the time you got through you probably won't have enough

time to get through the line again, but I don't see why you couldn't get in line for Braun and just let people go past you, until they swapped.

Yes and No Joey. If the player you want is on the warning track locations then yes, allowing people to skip you until the session you want is plausible. Might look silly if you have to do it for 10 minutes, but plausible. But in no way will it work for the field and loge level autograph stands. Once the lines start, they will start to hand out vouchers. I'm not sure of the exact number, but say it's 250 per "session or group". If you are 160th in line, but dont want the the first "group", they aren't going to allow you to just be skipped over, have you count back to 251st, jump to that spot in the line and be 1st for the 2nd "group". Does that make sense how I worded that? So just allowing people to skip you will not work out.

Then I think the way they set it up is stupid. This is gonna be tricky, its like if I hang back in the line I might be to far back to get anyone. If I get to close I might not get the players I want. Man this is gonna be frustrating.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However, once the vouchers are handed out, you already have one. So....you could just walk back towards the "2nd group" and see if anybody wants to trade? It might force you to the back end of that line, but the Brewers will honor your voucher regardless, so if waiting is not a big deal for you, I'd give that a try.

So....you could just walk back towards the "2nd group" and see if anybody wants to trade? It might force you to the back end of that line, but the Brewers will honor your voucher regardless, so if waiting is not a big deal for you, I'd give that a try.

Yeah -- there is a way to get it done for sure.

Does that make sense how I worded that? So just allowing people to skip you will not work out.

When did they start handing out vouchers? -- They haven't done that in the past.

They did hand out vouchers last year for people in the "2nd group" because they did not want people standing in long lines expecting to get an autograph and be disappointed. This year, they will be doing it for both groups I've heard. They seemingly have a good idea how many can make it through the line on average given the time frame for those sets of players.

Well, if we are keeping it clean, we'll stick with the first example. But yeah, you have 7 guys eligible at OF and I'll make an offer as to not turn this thread it a Fantasy baseball discussion

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This pleth·o·ra (pl?th'?r-?) Pronunciation Key

n.

A superabundance; an excess.

An excess of blood in the circulatory system or in one organ or area.

Does anyone remember if the rummage sale works on a cash only basis or are people able to use credit cards too?

Bacon, they've accepted credit cards at the last few sales I've attended (including the two in 2007), so I'd be surprised if they changed course for tomorrow.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My bad -- I was trying to be cute...

From Three Amigos -- Probably the greatest Non-Gymkata movie of all time.

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.

El Guapo: Many pinatas?

Jefe: Oh yes, many!

El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A *plethora*.

Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

Anyone know if they limit you to one thing signed? Like if one of us is in the line for the first set of guys and one of us is in the line for the second set, can we both get something signed? When they did the block parties and used wristbands we did this.

At the block parties they gave out wristbands and those people were guaranteed signatures. So there were 2 of us and we each stood in one line. One of us got two things signed and then met up with the other and the other person then got 2 things signed. That way we covered 4 guys instead of 2.

how did everybody do today?

I got there at 5:30, I just parked on bluemound and walked down, and then two more guys came at about 5:45. We sprinted and got pretty high up in the Fielder line, and then I got Kendall on a game used bat, and Prince on a Beckett magazine. I then went up to the vendors, and bought a few signed cards, nothing much. Then I went to the Royals dugout, and had great success. I got Soria, Gordon, German, and Grudzielanek.

Over Friday, and Today, this is what I got:

Miguel Olivo - card

David DeJesus - 2 cards

Ryan Shealy - 3 cards

Mark Teahen - 2 cards

Esteban German - card

John Buck - card

Mark Grudzielanek - game used bat, card

Jason Kendall - game used bat

Prince Fielder - Beckett Magazine

Alex Gordon - Baseball

Got to the park around 9am. Got in line by home plate and then when I got in got into the Braun/Yost/Gagne/Sheets line. We were standing just a few people back from where they cut the vouchers off for Braun and Yost which I was very happy with since I wanted Gagne and Sheets anyway. Got Gagne on a ball and Sheets on a ball and glove logo mini helemt. I was quite happy. I asked Gagne if he was thinking about say 50 saves this season. He kind of laughed and said "well how about no blown saves?" I said yeah that is probably even better then 50.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

My bad -- I was trying to be cute...

From Three Amigos -- Probably the greatest Non-Gymkata movie of all time.

I doubt most people under the age of 30 would get that reference.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I was very happy with since I wanted Gagne and Sheets anyway. Got Gagne on a ball and Sheets on a ball and glove logo mini helmet.

Dude. It sincerely made my morning to hear that you got what you were looking for. Getting who you want at On-Deck is no easy task, Congrats!!

I doubt most people under the age of 30 would get that reference.

I doubt most people over the age of 65 would either -- I'm all about raising the bar for our youth, and ignoring the elderly.

i didn't...

Expand you horizons... watch 3 Amigos... (BTW that's quite a visiting score you hauled, good job!)

I got to the park around 6:00AM waited outside with BHF. When it came time I sprinted up to the Braun/Yost Sheets/Gagne line. I made it in no problem for Braun/Yost but I wanted Sheets. I was talking with another guy in line who was way back through the maze of barricade and we set up a ticket trade. Alot of people by this guy also said they wanted Sheets and Gagne.

Well I got passed up by the guy handing out tickets for Braun/Yost and he didn't believe me I was in line when I asked for one so I cut to the back of the line were the one guy was I was talking to earlier lol (never thought I would cut farther back in a Braun line). A large group of us 15 or so people had to keep moving back pretty far and let others go infront to get to the Braun/Yost cut off so we could get are Sheets/Gagne tickets.

I saw Bikeage77 (Corey) and we talked I had nothing for Gagne except to give him a warm welcome to Milwaukee so I got a ball sweet spoted and a cy young '02 inscrption for bikeage77 it looks awesome IMO. For Sheets I got his Indianapolis Indians bobblehead autographed on the brim of his hat He did it in silver sharpie without me asking and Gagne asked if I wanted the autograoph on the sweetspot they are so nice.

Afterwords I looked at both vendors and the Brewers rumage sale. I picked up a Nolan Ryan 300th win Certifiacte for $1. From the Brewers I got a shirt and 5 Darron & Bill bobbleheads for $6 lots of the shirts and the bobbles were only a $1

Zach, thanks again for the Gagne ball!

I got Braun and Yost on my bat that already had Prince, Weeks, and Hardy....my girlfriend ran to the prince line and got cut off by 5 people...she said that people were arguing with others and didn't wanna wait in the line so I could get Corey and Billy, so she head over to the Uecker line.

When I got to the Uecker/Mark A line, I found out quickly that he would only sign the pictures and neither would do balls (which was a shame because I was gonna get one for Jamie assuming he still doesn't have one). Did anyone notice how pixelated the Mark A pics were?! Not the best quality...however, he was very nice. My gf tried to take a picture of him, and it turned out bad, she said something like "oh man, he looked away just as I took it" so he quick put his head up with a big smile for another pic...Uecker on the other hand didn't look at anyone and didn't say anything...he seems to becoming a grumpy old man

Then I hit up the rummage sale and got a Gary Mathews game worn jersey for 25 bucks. Granted he was only a coach here, but I felt he was a good enough player to warrant a clearance jersey. Though I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting the Auerbach jersey, since I'm assuming he was the last player to wear 19 for the crew. My friend got a guy Mallete who pitched 5 games in the majors and had a career 10 era. Not bad!

I also got two branyan balls and an overbay for 5 each along with 5 bill and darron bobbles.

All and all a good day, though I was pretty bummed out to find that scorecards are now 2 bucks each. So I won't be doing that nearly as much as I used to, and that's my favorite thing to do at a game. So it goes. Overall, great On Deck!!!

Zachlaka, Gagne signed it with a "Cy Young" inscription? That is awesome, I wanted to ask him to do it for my ball but was afraid he may turn the suggestion down didn't know how guys are with doing that. He did sweet spot it without me asking which was nice.

Yeah Sheets was cool asked if I wanted my helmet in black or silver pen, I was like lets try silver, he said alright you think it will be okay? Him and Gagne were both class guys I thought.

Oh and FTJ, thanks man. I to was glad everything worked out.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived