Brewer Fanatic

Royals exhibition games: on sale 03-04, "On Deck" details included

patrickgpe

How much are items usually at the rummage sale? I might skip getting autographs if the prices are reasonable. Ahhhh, can't wait for another season!!! Too bad I can't attend the whole game though.

BHF, what entrance were you going to be at? Home plate?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good story, FTJ. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm not sure what to expect from the rummage sale this time. There tends to be miscellaneous merchandise at 'rummage sale' prices (like old promotion items, outdated stuff like Vargas jersey tees, ugly caps, etc.), and then game used or player worn jerseys/bats, whjch tend to be pricier.

Last year's spring rummage sale included sort of an 'also-ran/never-was' showcase of jerseys from early 2000s players (like the Wayne Franklin/Matt Kinney days, only more obscure players). I think those were offered for $75 each. I was wishing I'd gone to the sale with other bf.netters, because a lot of the jerseys could only be truly appreciated by fans as die-hard as we are.

At that sale I got some Geoff Jenkins 3-ring binders for a dollar each, a kid lunchbox for $1 or $2, and a Mark Loretta kid baseball glove for $2. Things like that.

The most recent sale in December had a lot of low priced items (mildly crappy, like ugly Brewers ornaments and "1982 silver anniversary" magnets and key chains) and a bunch of high priced items ($500 for a Corey Hart jersey, stratospherically higher prices for anything related to Ryan or Prince). The also-ran jerseys last year were around $75, for names like Jose Hernandez and Marcus Hanel.

I guess the point of a rummage sale is you never know what they're going to set out.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was thinking about getting there at 9AM. I like the atmosphere around the park waiting in lines. I will be brining three bobbles and a jersey. Going to try for two autos the jersey being first on my list.

Never been to this so I was just going to wait either at Fridays entrance or home plate?

I take it they haven't said were each players specific signing spot will be?

Thought I'd throw this question in here. Anyone know where to find a glass/plastic display case for an autographed bat? Don't want to spend a lot. Bought a used bat at the rummage sale a few years ago and had Prince sign it during the rookie orientation thing they had. Thanks.

I think Autograph field are the locations held on the warning track, and the stages will be on the concourse. Probably so they can control longer lines for Fielder, Braun, Hardy, et. al on the councourse and allow fans to go on the field to meet guys like torres, kapler, etc. since those will probably be shorter less packed lines. But, don't quote me on that, its just what I gather from the press release from the Brewers.

cooprules- jeffs sports, or waukesha sportscards

bc2004 - utility was right, the stages are stages set on the loge level and field level concourses, so they can fit more people in there, the fields, are just like lines for autograph fridays.

and i am very pleased that kendall and prince are together, i can get my kendall game used bat signed, and a choice of a million things for fielder.

FTJ -- sorry, but doing it the last two years, it has helped me to get there at 6, I know it is only for two autographs, but I could really care less how long I wait, I do the same thing for bobbles in Beloit, I could get there at 10, but I like being first. And when you are towards the front, you get the first sprint out of the gates, and i will need it to get prince. so just because you are jealous that you aren't waking up at 4:30 after getting home late at night from friday's game and taking the hour drive to milwaukee, doesn't mean that you have say that me getting there at 6 won't pay, if i want to be an idiot, i can...

well you will get them both together if you get them, but honestly i would get there earlier if i were you, i wouldn't want to cut it close, but that is just me...

Hmm, I wouldn't think Gagne/Sheets would be in that high demand that if I get in line outside the stadium an hour before open, and in their line an hour and a half before they sign I might not get them?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

FTJ -- sorry, but doing it the last two years, it has helped me to get there at 6,

Never said it didn't. You are forgiven

so just because you are jealous that you aren't waking up at 4:30 after getting home late at night from friday's game and taking the hour drive to milwaukee

You seem crabby -- you may want to sleep in.

doesn't mean that you have say that me getting there at 6 won't pay

What I had read was that the parking lot opened at 9AM. If that is the case getting there at 6am won't help you.

if i want to be an idiot, i can...

Apparently.....

Maybe someone can answer this question. Braun/Yost are signing at stage 4 first and then Gagne/Sheets. I really only want Gagne/Sheets. How does that work? Will they have a seperate line for people who want to get Gagne/Sheets who don't start signing till 11:30?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

So what your saying FTJ is I should almost for sure get Gagne and Sheets?

Yeah -- If you hauled ass at 9 -- and got to be first(ish) in line for Braun, and got Braun -- by the time you got through you probably won't have enough

time to get through the line again, but I don't see why you couldn't get in line for Braun and just let people go past you, until they swapped.

So what your saying FTJ is I should almost for sure get Gagne and Sheets?

Yeah -- If you hauled ass at 9 -- and got to be first(ish) in line for Braun, and got Braun -- by the time you got through you probably won't have enough

time to get through the line again, but I don't see why you couldn't get in line for Braun and just let people go past you, until they swapped.

Yeah Im just gonna let people past. I already have Yost and Braun and I have never gotten Sheets or Gagne so I don't see why there would be a problem letting people go ahead when I get near the front until they switch players.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yes and No Joey. If the player you want is on the warning track locations then yes, allowing people to skip you until the session you want is plausible. Might look silly if you have to do it for 10 minutes, but plausible. But in no way will it work for the field and loge level autograph stands. Once the lines start, they will start to hand out vouchers. I'm not sure of the exact number, but say it's 250 per "session or group". If you are 160th in line, but dont want the the first "group", they aren't going to allow you to just be skipped over, have you count back to 251st, jump to that spot in the line and be 1st for the 2nd "group". Does that make sense how I worded that? So just allowing people to skip you will not work out.

Archived