Brewer Fanatic

Royals exhibition games: on sale 03-04, "On Deck" details included

patrickgpe
The Brewers would be stupid to not open up more seating. I estimated the terrace reserve section to be approximately 21,000 seats (25 rows x 20 seats x 42 sections). That's more than half the stadium. If they had 40,000+ fans at fan fest last year, why not try to maximize profit? And if they don't, there will be many angry fans that can't make it to fan fest.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they didn't have 40,000 at last year's fan fest. The press release Jamie quoted earlier in this thread says nearly 40,000 fans have attended over the three seasons that the On Deck event has been at Miller Park.

That's probably what led the Brewers to estimate that the field and loge levels will be enough to hold the fan fest and exhibition game audiences; and I imagine they might prefer to not have to pay a full (four-level) contingent of ushers/ballpark staff for the day.

I agree with 1992casey - if demand is great enough, they may open up more seating.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Well, they didn't have 40,000 at last year's fan fest. The press release Jamie quoted earlier in this thread says nearly 40,000 fans have attended over the three seasons that the On Deck event has been at Miller Park.

My bad... I read that wrong!!

I emailed the Brewers and got a response quite quickly, which is great.

Here is a copy of my questions and the answers that were given. It is apparent that the team is quite eager for a large draw and would of course, open additional seating if necessary.

I'd first like to thank you for your valuable help in all things

Brewers for our site. Your assistance is valued more than you know.

That said, I am hoping to clear up a few things about the March 28-29

games at Miller Park.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a pair of tickets to the Friday game

(right behind home plate actually) I had inquired about .300 level

tickets because those are my wife's favorite seats. I was told that as

of 9:30 am, 300 and 400 level seating was not available.

ANSWER: For

now, we are only selling on the lower levels. If demand dictates, we

will open additional seats in the 300 and 400 levels.

Some of our younger fans (and older guys too) would be quite

interested in any information we could be given as far as Autographs

go for the On Deck Event. Is there a set section specific players will

be located in? Are there items players would not sign?

ANSWER: We

typically announce this as we get within a couple days of the event.

Given that we don't know who will be on the 25-man roster, it's tough to

say who will be where and when.

If the Saturday game is limited to the lower two levels of seating, I

would assume that no additional tickets would be available for the

actual On Deck Event. How will a relatively small crowd compared to

last season) of about 20,000 help the organization assist the fans in

a more friendly experience?

ANSWER: We would love to have 40,000 people

for both Friday and Saturday and if that happens, obviously we'll open

the additional seats. Realistically, though, it would be a bit of a

(very happy) surprise if we have that many people turn out for a pair of

exhibitions...

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Thanks jamie! Hopefully Gabe makes the 25 man roster so I can get my game worn jersey signed and then framed. I doubt tickets will sell out for Saturday, so I'll wait to see if some friends want to go.

Thanks jamie! Hopefully Gabe makes the 25 man roster so I can get my game worn jersey signed and then framed. I doubt tickets will sell out for Saturday, so I'll wait to see if some friends want to go.

I sure hope Gabe makes the 25 man. I think I'm gonna get a ball of Gagne and/or Simmons signed.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Because On Deck is tied to an actual game, I wonder if there'll be a problem if people want bats or balls signed.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

i don't even know if i want to go to the on deck, that is going to be a ridiculous crowd, and we all know the ushers won't be ready for it.

Oh, the ushers will be ready, it's just a matter of volume. There are only so many eyes to watch the many that are rude and autograph hungry. I was impressed by the way the artic tailgate was handled. Similairly, they ought to have the lines developed outside for the very players that you want and let that line in at the entrance closest to where that player is signing, rather than opening up Friday's entrance only and having a mad scramble. Because once the mad scramble ensues, there is only so many things that 30 ushers can do to watch 40,000 that aren't listening, only running like fools.

Yea the arctic tailgate went very well. It was my first time so I don't know how other years went but on Thursday MP Officals told use for Saturday they would monitor the line all night well that didn't happen till about 5:30 AM but when they were ready the line would be moved inside and only by MP Officials that did happen and very well.

Well me and my two friends didn't stay after we got are tickets. We had been there since Wednesday and had gotten very little sleep over the three days and since we were in the front of the line the only alumni we saw was Larry Hisle and two of the Racing Sausages Chorizo & Hot Dog. Hisle looked busy though he kept walking around talking to staff and stuff.

Sorry I don't know any more I was just way to tired to stay another minute at MP lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Because On Deck is tied to an actual game, I wonder if there'll be a problem if people want bats or balls signed.

That is a great point, I don't think they allow that stuff normally.

maybe i just don't understand what you two are saying, but i bring in bats all the time, others do too?

what time you getting there bc? I was there at 6 last year and was first, I'll probably get there the same time this year. Don't know who I want yet, probably Gagne too, but I have a million things that I need Fielder to sign, and Gagne would probably be a shorter line on a Friday, so I might go to Fielder, I just hope that Prince isn't paired with Weeks again, because I can't think of something other than cards that I need for Weeks.

Yeah, they have no problem with allowing you to bring bats in, for some reason they have problems with bringing brooms though. I'm passing on this years On Deck even because last year was a waste of time for me. I don't run to get into lines, so I didn't get an autograph or anything really good at the rummage sale.

I feel stupid for even asking but if someone ran into a game used Podsednik or Cirillo bat or jersey at the rummage sale could you please pick one up for me and I'll send the money to you. I know its a lot to ask but it would be very much appreciated.

BHF, think the odds are pretty good that I can get Gagne and Simmons or at least Gagne getting their around 9?

I'll rudely jump in http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I understand the following.

Parking lot opens 9AM

Gate opens 10AM

Autos at 10:30

Royals BP 11:40

They used to do these in shifts over a couple of hours.

I bet that the players will all sign at the same time, 30 minutes max. -- I doubt you will have time to go through 2 lines -- as every line will have at least one "star" in it probably.

If Salomon Torres was in a line by himself, I am sure you could go to his line, and then someone like Bill Castro.

So, it won't pay to get there at 6AM and it will be probably be one line.

Or maybe send the fiancee to one of the lines as I wait in another.

Yes -- I use the "deploy your children" strategy -- after all, I really want them to get the sigs and not me, but if you are going to get items signed -- you really need more bodies.

True story...

A couple of seasons ago -- One of my daughters wanted to get Ohka to sign a card for her. She wanted him to sign in Japanese, so I instructed her to ask "Mr. Ohka" very politely and clearly what she wanted him to do.

She sort of panicked and said "Would you please sign in Japanese Mr. Tapioca." -- and then she moved to the next guy -- Cappy I think -- and said "You don't need to sign in Japanese"

Good stuff.

Archived