Brewer Fanatic

Royals exhibition games: on sale 03-04, "On Deck" details included

patrickgpe

i know the answer was in a thread a while back but i can't seem to find it. does anyone know when the tickets go on sale to the general public?

---------------------------

edit 1: Instead of starting a new thread with this information, I thought it best to piggy back right here. edited title to reflect questions of this post. (bj15)

edit 2: Added to Designated Threads List (1992)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would guess Monday. The pre-sale ended Friday afternoon, so I would think general public sale should be starting sometime this week.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I could have swore they mentioned a link in Thursday's MLB.com audio, but the one I heard didn't work. As a non-season ticket holder, it sort of sucks that it seems like some people but up all the good seats and are re-selling them at $25+ (at least it seems that way judging from ebay and stubhub).

Here's what was emailed to me:

MILWAUKEE, WI - With the first four Spring Training games underway and Opening Day just four weeks from

today, it won't be long before the season starts at Miller Park. In another preview of what is to come, the Milwaukee

Brewers today announced that tickets for the Brewers two final exhibition games to be played at Miller Park against the

Kansas City Royals on Friday, March 28 and Saturday, March 29 will go on sale to the general public tomorrow at 9

a.m.

The Brewers will also host Brewers On Deck, the team's annual Fan Fest and season preview, at Miller Park prior to the

Spring Training season finale on March 29, starting at 10 a.m.

"With the great anticipation we all have for the start of the season, it's exciting that we are able to combine On Deck with

an exhibition game this year," said Rick Schlesinger, Brewers Executive Vice President - Business Operations. "Brewers

On Deck provides an opportunity for fans to meet and interact with players and coaches, and the exhibition games give

everyone - players and fans alike - the chance to see everything that Miller Park has to offer."

Tickets to both exhibition games will be priced at $10 apiece for all seat locations and will be available on a first-come,

first-serve basis. Parking prices for the exhibition games will be $8 for general parking and $15 for preferred parking. As

is the case for all regular season games, fans can also purchase parking passes in advance. Advance rates for daily

parking passes are $8 (general) and $12 (preferred). Tickets may be purchased at the Miller Park Box Office, at

brewers.com or by calling the Brewers Ticket Office at (414) 902-4000.

All fans in attendance at the Friday evening game (March 28) at 7:05 p.m. will receive one of a series of 1982 Brewers

bobbleheads produced for the 2007 Reunion. Meanwhile, prior to the Brewers Spring Training finale against Kansas City

on Saturday, March 29 at 2:05 p.m., the Brewers will host Brewers On Deck. Please note: In order to gain admission to

Brewers On Deck, fans will need to purchase a ticket to that day's game.

On Deck features autograph sessions with players on the team's Opening Day roster, interactive games, clinics and

activities for the entire family. Parking lots will open at 9 a.m. and gates to the ballpark open at 10 a.m. The autograph

sessions will begin at 10:30 a.m. and there will be eight different stations where fans will be able to get autographs,

including four on the field's warning track, one on each side of the Field Level concourse, and one on each side of the

Loge Level concourse. A program will be distributed to all fans in attendance with times and locations for each player's

autograph session.

In addition, youngsters will have the opportunity to learn baseball instructions from the pros. The 30-minute clinics will

include fundamental lessons provided by Brewers greats Jerry Augustine, Larry Hisle and Ken Sanders. The clinics will

begin at 10:30 a.m. along the Field Level concourse in the right field corner.

--more--

EXHIBITION GAMES/BREWERS ON DECK continued

The day's festivities will also include a Brewers Charities Rummage Sale, featuring Brewers game-worn and game-used

equipment such as jerseys, bats, autographed items and a large collection of Brewers paraphernalia. All proceeds from the

rummage sale will support the youth recreation and education programs of Brewers Charities. The sale will take place on

the Loge Level in the left field corner of the ballpark from 10 a.m. - noon.

Brewers TV announcers Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder will serve as emcees for the event and will interview players

and staff, which will be aired on the center field video board. Also, Brewers radio announcer Jim Powell will interview

members of the 2008 Brewers during a two-hour radio program on NewsRadio 620 WTMJ beginning at noon. The

WTMJ radio booth will be located just outside of Friday's Front Row (across from the Fan Zone Store).

Concession stands will be open throughout Miller Park and there will be baseball memorabilia on sale and displayed

among the vendor booths near the right field corner on the Loge Level. In addition, the Brewers Fan Zone and kiosks

throughout the stadium will offer a wide assortment of Brewers merchandise. Fans will also have an opportunity to check

out the new Associated Bank Kids Zone and the Brewers Team Store at the Home Plate Gate

With first pitch slated for 2:07 p.m. following Brewers On Deck, the Royals will take batting practice on the field from

11:40 - 12:40 p.m. Afterwards, the Brewers will take batting practice for an hour, beginning at 12:40 p.m.

In the first three seasons that the Fan Fest has taken place at Miller Park, Brewers On Deck has attracted nearly 40,000

fans to the ballpark. This year marks the first time that an exhibition game will follow Brewers On Deck.

For information about Brewers tickets, please contact the Brewers Ticket Office at (414) 902-4000 or go to brewers.com.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Not to sound overly grumbly, but I wish they'd mentioned a little sooner that the On Deck thing was Saturday (not Sunday) and that going to the On Deck thing requires a 3/29 game ticket - otherwise we would have ordered last week during the season ticket holders' window of opportunity.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Will they announce who the signers will be? I need to get my Gross game worn jersey signed so I can frame it!

I would also like to know?

I don't want to lug around a bunch of bobbleheads of people who are not signing.

I will be at the game on Friday when they are handing out the extra bobbles. If there is a specific player that anyone wants me to try to find or trade someone else there for just pm me and I will see if I can't wheel and deal with somebody to help BFers complete their collections.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Will they announce who the signers will be? I need to get my Gross game worn jersey signed so I can frame it!

In past years, and from the sounds of it this year, everyone signs. They have specific places around the park where they sign in groups of 2. In past years they staggered the signings so there was a possibility you could make it through 2 lines. But this year it sounds like they are all signing at the same time, so you'll probably only get through 1 line.

The thing that bothers me about this event, is they don't tell you who is signing where and with whom. In past years, they have distributed a little booklet when you go in the door that tells what players will be there. That used to be fine because if the player you were aiming for was with another player you needed something to sign, you could just run back out to your car and get it. Now, with there being tickets and thus no re-entry, you are forced to lug stuff around with you even for players you don't have a chance of getting. So what I'm saying is if I have a ball for Gagne, a bat for Hart, and a bobblehead for Weeks... I'll have to carry all 3 things in just in case 2 of those 2 are together. It would be nice if they released a schedule a day or so in advance.

At about 9:30 this morning, I called to order Friday Night tickets for the .300 level. I was told that (at that particular time anyway) there were no .300 or 400 level seats available and would not be offered. Only the lower two tiers were being sold. I asked if that were going to be true for the Saturday Fan Fest game as well, but the phone operator could not answer me.

I do not know if .300 level seats or 400 level seating will be made available or not.

I ended up getting 2 seats in section 117 row 3 for Friday's game.

I'm cool with it.

While waiting for our ticket rep to call back this morning, I was checking out the ticketing page on the Brewers website for the 3/29 game. It looks like they are only selling Field and Loge level seats for that one too. I think this was their practice the last time they had exhibition games.

We scored three seats in 114, row 9, for the 29th. I'm hoping to persuade my mother to join us. Now I have even more incentive to shake this cold!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If you guys will just hang in there for a bit, I will do my very best to have your questions answered for you. Just give me a little time, and I'll see if we can't clear up the Fan Fest details and see if further seating will be made available.

There's precedent for opening up more seating once it's needed. It was done when demand exceeded supply for the Snappers game at Miller Park a few years ago.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived