Brewer Fanatic

7-28-07: Brewers (Parra) @ Cardinals (Thompson), 12:00 PM CT

brewers255
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Yeah, sure he's injured......LaRussa is such a tool

Thompson did shake his hand and look at his fingers even before LaRussa took a step out of the dugout. Then LaRussa came out and went back in and the trainer was the first to get there. He looks like he coulda done something to one of his fingers or hand.

Quote:
According to MLB Gameday, Jenkins has seen 14 pitches in his 3 AB's. Of those 14 pitches, 1 has been in the strike zone... and even that 1 was borderline.

Jenkins doesn't even give himself a chance. He swings a crap, so they keep throwing it to him. Even his little line drive to Rolen was a defensive swing because he'd already put himself in a hole.

One would think that Jenkin's approach at the plate would improve as he ages, but it hasn't. He still looks like a flippin' rookie up there half the time.

I'm a Jenkins fan, and defended bringing him back for this year and not trading him, but man, I'm finding it hard to even defend him when he swings at some of the stuff he's been swinging at recently, not just today.

Get your head on straight Geoff we're going to need you here with the right approach the rest of the way.

And by right approach I mean not swinging at pitches that could land in the 3rd base dugout and absolutely swinging out of your shoes for home runs.

Yep, Prince is scuffling. Lots of Gwynn/Estrada type ABs lately it seems.

On a probably unrelated note, does he look a bit heavier to anyone else?

Hope I'm wrong, but I think there will be some drama in this game yet.

Archived