Brewer Fanatic

7-28-07: Brewers (Parra) @ Cardinals (Thompson), 12:00 PM CT

brewers255
Quote:
Hardy has averaged 62 games played over the past 3 years,

Also good to remember that Hart and Weeks didn't play a full season last week..

The one problem with having such a young team (hitting & pitching) is that they have little experience for 162 games. The good news is that young teams will get better while older teams (i.e. Cubs/Cardinals) will regress..

EDIT: SoCalBrewerfan is obviously extremely intelligent. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the rest theory you propose.

Two other thoughts:

-The NL Rookie of the Year engraver might as well get started now - with Pence out, Braun seems to me to be almost automatic.

-Nice to see Parra with a 94 mph fastball followed by a 75 mph changeup against Pujols. Good sign.

I had heard JJ had some significant back pain right around the beginning of his slump. His speed and hitting numbers have been pretty bad since the first 2 months. He needs as much rest as the Brewers can afford to give him.

Quote:
A guy on my softball team laughed at me 4 weeks ago when I said Braun has a good chance to hi 30-35 HR's. I'm so glad Braun is going to prove me right.

Even 30 would still be one every 5 games, or slightly less than that. I wouldn't call that a lock.

Damian's offense has been a pleasant surprise.. with his age I thought he might regress to Moeller territory this year. I still don't think they will pick up his option but with Salome suspended I could see them bringing him back for the minimum.

Archived