Brewer Fanatic

7-28-07: Brewers (Parra) @ Cardinals (Thompson), 12:00 PM CT

brewers255
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big Hardy believer, but definitely agree that the extra days off are probably needed especially because he's still kind of sputtering along at the plate.

Hitting second with the platoon advantage I really don't mind Counsell. He is uncanny at drawing walks out of otherwise good pitchers. I think if there's one spot in the order you can afford to just have a guy get on base it's in front of Braun and Prince.

And of Course Braun is a stud.

That dumb Ned Yost playing Gaffanino and Counsell in the first game of a DH. They'll never be able to score a run.

I guess everyone that wanted to stick a fork in the Brewers in Phily, then Texas, then Washington, then Cincinatti......by guaranteeing that the Cubs WILL BE in 1st place by "insert date here" will have to wait a few more weeks.

Hardy has averaged 62 games played over the past 3 years, he is simply going to need a lot of rest this season. I have no issues at all with him sitting once or twice a week even if he's fully healthy. If he's banged up then he needs it even more.

A lot of the young Brewers haven't played a 162-game season, and they're hoping to play that plus a couple of extra weeks at the end. And the youngster have seemed tired...Yost has a solid bench and he's wise to use it. He's got to have a long-term plan to keep the starters as well as the reserves fresh into October.

I wonder if anybody who was ripping Yost for the JV lineups the last week will give him any credit if the Brewers put up 40 this weekend...

Well I know the answer to that one I guess..

I wasn't a big fan of the lineups either but can't complain with the last two games..

Archived