Brewer Fanatic

Brewers fans need to invade Wrigley Field...

Does anyone know what section "GA" seats are in the bleachers at Wrigley. I tried to buy some seats for the April 3rd game and was confused when they came up with six seats in section "GA". Is this "general admission" like standing room only or is is not assigned seating in the bleachers at Wrigley?

I might just be ignorant, but am kind of stumped. Thanks for any help.

The bleachers at Wrigley Field are all general admission. You pick your seat location. Get to the stadium about 3 hours before the game begins and you will be pretty much guaranteed front row seats on the basket and over the ivy. This is one of the things that make Wrigley Field an enjoyable place to watch a game. We always arrive early and stand in line to guarantee we get the front row. I can't explain what it is about Wrigley...it's just a good time, especially in the bleachers.

"Happy"

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm going to Opening Day as well (I'd rather see my Beloved Brews take down the Cubbies than see my Beloved Brews take down the helpless Little Giants). And I also have had a shirt made that has the Brewers Insignia on the front with white lettering saying

"Take Back Miller South"

Now I say it in good fun, but I can't wait to display it, even at the expense of an occasional beer bath or three (mind you, I'm going with a Bitter Blue-Facer). Here's to 1-0 to open.

Hi Brewers fans - I come in peace.

I am an administrator at the WindyCitySports site on yuku. I am also a frequent visitor to the yuku Astros site and I like to talk to other teams fans and get their honest opinion of what's happening around the league and especially the division. (I can hardly wait to get to that Dusty Baker thread.)

I have made the trip to Miller Park a couple of times. In past years I have visited County Stadium, original Comiskey, original Busch, Riverfront, Fulton County, Veterans, and Shea and no we Cubs fans were not the ones responsible for them coming down. Also have visited the still standing Astrodome, Candlestick, and Jack Murphy as well as Dodger Stadium. My advice to those of you that want to come to Wrigley is to cheer for you team and not against the Cubs. It's what my friends and I do and we usually don't have any problems. You will not have any problems at Wrigley (except for the occassional druken idiot that happens to be at all ball parks) if you follow that tact. In fact you will have a good time if you can put up with the cold weather that is probable for that first series. Further advice: don't put up with physical abuse (verbal should be expected) call security. True fans don't want to be lumped together with the idiots. You will have backing from true Cubs fans. Trust me - I'm not from the IRS. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Heckling is as honored a part of baseball as chewing tobacco. Maybe not appetizing to most people, and especially the holiest among us, but I won't concede the point. I say anyone going to Wrigley is released from any obligation to propriety by the classless way the Cubs fans behave when they come to Miller Park. What will bind you is your conscience.

There are so many good reasons to hate the Cubs, chief among them this sickening nimbus of piety about Wrigley Stadium. It's a necessary part of their story, the same way that reconstructive colon surgery is sometimes necessary after a rape. Having lived on Addison and had my apartment's front door urinated and vomited on by day-tripping Cubs fans, having been sucker-punched in the Wrigley Stadium bathroom for wearing a softball-league hat that was mistaken for a Cardinal's hat (the Cubs were playing the Dodgers that day, by the way), having worked for the Tribune Corp. for four years, I have a special hatred for the organization, the fans and the venue.

I won't quibble with any Brewer fan exercising his conscience, either to decry boorish behavior (we sinners need people to appeal to our better angels) or to give as good as he gets. I understand that we are their rivals in the same way that Lions fans think the Packers are their rivals, but it won't stop me from wondering loudly when I'm at Wrigley Stadium where's the replay board, or how many simulated games is Prior going to win this year, or from waving my "1908" placard.

(And yeah, it's a bit childish to call it Wrigley Stadium but worth it because of the pedantic, whiny protests it engenders from Cubs fans.)

• 1 month later...

Ill be there representing Brewer nation on Wednesday (with Cub fans) supporting the Ryan Braun blue.

Thursday I will be with three fellow Brewer fans wearing the Rickie Weeks gray.

I believe this series is more important than we think. I think it could send either team in the wrong direction very fast. Against all three of these guys we need to drive their pitch count and go the other way, which we have not done all season.

I will be there Wednesday... this is my first sporting event outside of the state of Wisconsin. I'm very excited.

Zman, you're going to have a blast! Wrigley is fun, but even moreso with a Brewers win. Be ready for any & everything from Cubs 'fanz', and know that most of it probably won't happen, but be prepared to get some crap, and you'll be just fine.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived