Brewer Fanatic

7/28/07: Brewers (Capuano) @ Cardinals (Reyes) 7:10 p.m. CT

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't we vowed that every year? Yet, it still happens.

Yup. Hopefully this is the bottom, otherwise things will be pretty grim the rest of the year. Optimism and thinly-veiled denial from here on out.

i would try to stop watching this group of losers, at least on the road. im not saying be a fairweather fan, but monitor them only slightly, and be prepared for a lot of losing. that way, if they win, it makes u feel better and u didnt have to put up 6 hrs of ur life to watch 2 brutal losses, let alone all the other games. im just saying to pay less attention to the standings and all that, and just look at it like baseball. THERE ARE 2 MONTHS LEFT. i highly doubt the brewers are just gonna lean over and miss the playoffs. trust me, we'll turn things around.

("u" instead of "you", "ur" instead of "your"? please, no AOL-speak --1992)

Didn't see it mentioned.... in this series with the Cardinals, the Brewers got 26 hits in the first 12 innings, and got 3 hits in the past 15 innings. Unbelievable.

I don't blame the bats for the first loss yesterday, as the six runs should have been enough, but at least the team understands something is wrong with scoring early and then going to sleep.

From Ryan Braun:

"I feel like recently we've had quite a few games similar to this when we score early and then we kind of let our guard down a little bit."

"We can't do that anymore. I don't know if we necessarily relaxed or not, but we need to continue to put pressure on them, and we haven't been able to do that. You can't have this happen again."

[ "I feel like recently we've had quite a few games similar to this when we score early and then we kind of let our guard down a little bit."

"We can't do that anymore. I don't know if we necessarily relaxed or not, but we need to continue to put pressure on them, and we haven't been able to do that. You can't have this happen again." ]

Amen.

Archived