Brewer Fanatic

7/28/07: Brewers (Capuano) @ Cardinals (Reyes) 7:10 p.m. CT

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Maybe two managers in all of baseball pitch to Pujols in that situation

In the unlikely event that he gets called out on that one by a member of the local media, maybe he'll give us that "it's just a game" line again. I don't mind if the local Little League coach pulls out that line, but Ned... don't ever say that again.

What's funny is none of us think there is a prayer the crew can come back. Yet if we were up by 3 runs we would be sweating bullets and rightfully so.

Early in the year it seemed we were never out of it. Just when was the last time we came from behind after say the 5th inning and won?

In the unlikely event that he gets called out on that one by a member of the local media, maybe he'll give us that "it's just a game" line. I don't mind if the local Little League coach pulls out that line, but Ned... don't ever say that again.

Or as he said yesterday - the fans just don't understand. I really appreciated that one too.

I think I understand that today REALLY SUCKED, Ned!

Quote:
I can't wait to hear Ned justify pitching to Pujols. This trip is turning into a nightmare in a hurry.

He won't! He never will. His voice will get really high, he'll screw up his face like a kid does when his dad asks him to clean out the garage, and he'll say something profound like "guys, guys, come on. It's just a game. It's our guys against their guys, and that's part of baseball." And that will be that.

We have two (2) hits in 8 innings.

For the most part, against a guy who is 0-10 with a 6.4 whatever ERA.

You don't get to 0-10 by pure bad luck. It takes some reasonable lack of skill to earn that impressive stat.

I would say we've hit rock bottom for as bad as we are playing on the road but the last time I did that we got no-hit a few days later so I'd prefer not to jinx it.

His voice will get really high, he'll screw up his face like a kid does when his dad asks him to clean out the garage, and he'll say something profound like "guys, guys, come on. It's just a game. It's our guys against their guys, and that's part of baseball." And that will be that.

That's nailing it on the head to say the least, I'm only going to watch the post-game so I can see it actually happen, because it will.

Mench and Yost had an opportunity to do a big Pinella meltdown there ofter the balls/strikes. Just go nuts, throw stuff around, get kicked out - ANYTHING to show some emotion! But I guess Mench must have did the "serenity now" before getting tossed. I guess it's just another game....

I had similar thoughts.. consider earlier today:

-Brewers were coming off a huge victory with tons of hits

-Brewers had eaten into the Cards bullpen last night, facing a doubleheader

-Brewers bullpen was fresh

-Brewers had a 3 game lead in the standings

-Brewers had a 6-run lead

-Parra had a low pitch count well into the game with a big lead

-Cards starter got pulled in the fourth, in spite of their lack of relief help

-LaRussa got ejected

-Game 2 Crew would face an 0-10 pitcher

-Game 2 starts Cappy, who has started to pitch well lately

-Cubs had to fact red-hot Reds

-Cubs had to face red-hot Harang

This had all the makings of a phenomenal Saturday

Well, game over. When is the last time a team scored three runs in the 9th inning with the opposing team's ace closer on the hill?

Wait, check that... when is the last time the BREWERS scored three runs in the 9th inning with the opposing team's ace closer on the hill?

Archived