7/28/07: Brewers (Capuano) @ Cardinals (Reyes) 7:10 p.m. CT

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JumpinMacFlash/IGT7-28-07.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JumpinMacFlash/CardinalsBullpen.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JumpinMacFlash/Lineupscopy.jpg

[Note: DirecTV channel 658 again tonight --1992casey]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least the Crew doesn't have to sit around for a day before they can get back at it to shake that bad loss. Gotta believe the pitching match up strongly favors Milwaukee and hopefully parlays into a win.

with the cubs facing harang and us facing 2 really,really,really,really,etc bad pitchers, we coulda been 4.5 up after today. now we'll be lucky if its 3.5. o well. has anyone started a thread on anderson being a pessimist. seriously, he says the same thing over and over and he basically says non positive things. he also says the most obvious things like, "the brewers havent scored since the 3rd"...well duh, i can see that from the box score. jeez he annoys me.

Right. No Coco until Milwaukee. Throw Turnbow out there tomorrow and Linebrink tonight.

This could be the make or break point for the Brewers.

1) They show some stones and go on a big run to show who will win the division.

2) They wilt up and fold like an old tent and it's football season.

Let's get back on track and get 27 outs tonight!

Burgleflicker,

being in that clubhouse has to royally suck right now. i may choose to truly believe all of this 'even keel yost/cox don't rock the boat stay calm philosophy' bologna sausage if the eye of the tiger comes out tonite and here is why:

after the matinee loss, and I'm yost... I am locked in my office smashing drywall and screaming.

but no, this club is built around "it's another loss, stay cool, keep your head, go get em the next day." But if you are taught to suppress your emotion after a loss... what happens to your emotion after a win? The emotion roller coaster is too violent and not sustainable over 162 games... but it's time to throw a chair.

I am real curious as to who in the clubhouse right now is steaming mad and getting in Cordero's face... anyone? Is that part of the problem?

Hart RF

Hardy SS

Braun 3B

Fielder 1B

Hall CF

Jenkins LF

Estrada C

Weeks 2B

Capuano C

Please keep this lineup for the rest of the year.

Eckstein SS

Duncan LF

Pujols 1B

Encarnacion RF

Rolen 3B

Edmonds CF

Molina C

Miles 2B

Reyes P

Quote:
their spirits are probably in shambles, as are mine. u know why we lost? that brian anderson with his "____ retired 6 consecutive" and "the cardinals have scored 3,4,5 unanswered" ...that guy needs to learn how to shut up from time to time.

Agreed, it's not like unanswered runs are exactly the same thing as in basketball or football.

And this is a really picky thing that I'm embarrassed to mention, but how about when there's one out or none, nobody on base, say Pujols is on deck, and "Pujols would be up next." No, I'm pretty certain he will be up next unless the world ends while So Taguchi is at the plate.

Quote:
I am real curious as to who in the clubhouse right now is steaming mad and getting in Cordero's face... anyone? Is that part of the problem?

I sincerely hope no one's getting in the team MVP's face unless he set a personal Jager bomb record last night or this morning. Heat seems to mess with his slider and if they're not chasing it out of the zone on a day like today, it makes his job 3 times as hard. There's still no one else I'd rather have out there.

Do you want something doughf? With style? I'm sure he's sorry he's only converted 32 of 36 saves and is only on pace for 50 instead of teasing the all-time record. It sucks that with this team's road problems, he fits right into that. Maybe someone else has another possible contributing factor beside hot humidity. But I guess it happens until we build robot Brewers.

And this is a really picky thing that I'm embarrassed to mention, but how about when there's one out or none, nobody on base, say Pujols is on deck, and "Pujols would be up next." No, I'm pretty certain he will be up next unless the world ends while So Taguchi is at the plate.

Every announcer says that. You probably just notice it more because it is the announcer you listen to. I bet you'd hear it from all the others as well.

I'll take your word for that and maybe start to pay closer attention. It's definitely not the biggest deal whether he saves "would" for 2 outs or an out and a man on.

I feel bad for Bill sitting up there with Brian's would poking out all the time, but he's a professional and I'm sure he's seen worse and can handle it.

Archived