Brewer Fanatic

The Underrated Thread

Blancofan1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underrated? This bunch...

Elbow. How this band isn't as successful as U2 is completely beyond me in every way.

Hot tea with milk and sugar. Forget your fancy schmancy 'erbal varieties, Tetleys with milk is the real deal.

McRibs. They obviously can't be that popular or McDonalds would offer them all the time.

Cream Soda. The king of sodas.

Nurses. They need to get paid more, and drug companies should make sure it happens.

John Cusack. Where's his Oscar, Hollywood?

Freaks and Geeks. Where Seth Rogen started out. Criminally underrated.

Wedding DJs. Apparently helping people have a wonderful time on the biggest day of their lives makes you a less authentic DJ than playing faceless, nameless vinyl to people who'll dance to anything with a beat.

Bill Hicks. The man couldn't get arrested in the US and had to rely on Brits to get his genius.

Ska. The real stuff, not No $%@*!' Doubt

African Hut. Please open somewhere else, guys. I miss your Zanzi Fries...

Sports Night. It's not in syndication anywhere, yet apparently Everyone just Loves Raymond...

Dissent with your government (whomever they may be). Apparently that makes you the enemy.

Google Maps. Mapquest, but good.

The NL Central. Not nearly the talent void that ESPN would have us believe.

Yes! I had heard of it, but never seen it until a few months ago. I rented all the discs on Netflix and it was awesome. I can't believe it was cancelled after only 18 episodes, such a shame.

Yes! I had heard of it, but never seen it until a few months ago. I rented all the discs on Netflix and it was awesome. I can't believe it was cancelled after only 18 episodes, such a shame.

Word.

• 1 month later...

Sports Night. It's not in syndication anywhere, yet apparently Everyone just Loves Raymond...

Sonic Drive-In

I know I can't be the only one who thinks it's criminal that Sonic advertises in Wisconsin when there isn't one anywhere near here.

I have Sports Night on DVD and watch it at least once every couple of months.

Why didn't I see this thread when it originally came out? My incomplete list (in no particular oder):

Sleep

Mt. Dew

Girl Scout cookies

Memories of my childhood

Defense in baseball

Teachers, Police, Firemen and women, Armed Forces personnel, and anyone who does jobs for little or no money that no one else will do.

Northern Exposure - the TV show (where are the reruns!)

Also, someone mentioned the creditreport.com commercials. My 10 year old son spent hours the other night memorizing the lyrics to those things. Apparently he and his friends at school spend their socializing time showing off to each other how well they know those ads. I'm so proud.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Also, someone mentioned the creditreport.com commercials. My 10 year old son spent hours the other night memorizing the lyrics to those things. Apparently he and his friends at school spend their socializing time showing off to each other how well they know those ads. I'm so proud.

The jingle going around my workplace lately is the Subway '5, 5 dollar footlong'. It's amazing and sad the number of times I catch myself saying that in my head everyday!

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Flight of the Conchords.

I just finished watching the whole series (season) and it was pretty funny. I had never seen it before. It was worth watching.

I had just finished watching the whole series of The Wire (which was awesome the whole way through) and I needed something else to watch, so I checked out the Condors, ehh, Conchords.

HBO has a real grasp on TV shows. From The Sopranos to Rome to Entourage to The Wire to Curb your Enthusiasm to Flight of the Conchords to Deadwood etc... you get the picture.

Let me reassess - HBO TV series are underrated.

Archived