Brewer Fanatic

The Underrated Thread

Blancofan1

no offense to Glennron, but I would like to take the positive light and hear what everyone thinks is underrated. i'll start with a quick three;

teachers--every level, everyday regardless of school or location

Leinie's Berryweiss--just picked up my first 12 pack of the summer, I'm trying to will the weather into getting warm

fullbacks--one of the least loved football positions

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great thread, Underrated :

Talking baseball, not typing on here (an incredible site) but finding enough people to sit around with, and say "If we have so and so, that's better than having so and so" and it just builds from there.

BBQ Ribs, Milwaukee has almost everything but enough BBQ.

DVR - can not be overrated

The fact that most everyday thirdbasemen can usually barehand a bunt on the charge, and get the guy at first by a step. It happens all the time, and it is the essence of being a pro, it looks routine.

University of Wisconsin football walk-ons

Being able to throw out a base stealer/ hold one on

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches - You find me a food that can be made faster, cheaper and more deliciously with more variety.

I've gotta agree with BoneDaddyKool on this one too and say minor league sports - Sure pro sports are faster and the players are better, but one of the best times I ever had was at a Short Season Low A Baltimore Orioles affiliate's game (Aberdeen Ironbirds). Plus you can get in for like $10 and the ushers almost never care if you move down to a good seat. And if you go enough you get all indy rock on people and brag about how you were watching a star before he was a star ;)

4 strikes in a row in bowling - Even if you're a really great bowler, 4 strikes in a row still feels really cool to do.

British beer - Sure Milwaukee, Ireland, and Germany get all the press, but there are some delicious British beers out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Taint McFadden
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Raspberries, Tony Joe White, Hot Beef Sandwiches at Dairy Queen, Shirley MacLaine, Spaghetti, The Zombies, Malcolm Young, Puma SpeedCats, Country Gravy, Root Beer, BMW 2002, Romantics S/T, Sweet Baby

- The movie UHF with Weird AL, so many great lines "STUPID, YOUR SO STUPIDDD!!"

- The NFL draft (by my wife and most of the guys on here wives.)

- cream filled dough nuts. Nothing worse then when someone has the bring dough nuts in and they bring in bagels.

The change of seasons. I personally wouldn't like living in a place where you have one or two seasons in a year. There is something about the colors of fall, the first snowfall (and after this year, the last), the first buds on the trees, people coming outside and being active on the first 60 degree day, and summers that aren't too hot and not too cold. Fall and winter (especially after this year) make me appreciate spring and summer a lot more, so I don't take nice weather for granted.

Almost Heroes. Sure it's an extremely dumb "Dumb Comedy", but it never gets mentioned when people talk about Chris Farley. I like it better than Tommy Boy, which find kind of overrated, and just as much as Black Sheep, another underrated one.

- The movie UHF with Weird AL, so many great lines "STUPID, YOUR SO STUPIDDD!!"

"what's wrong, George?"

"oh, you don't want to know."

"then why'd I ask?"

baseball itself is underrated. so many people think it's boring and have no idea how many subtle things are going on all the time. Rice Krispies has an underrated deliciousness.

BerryWeise isn't seasonal anymore. Summer Shandy replaced it as the Summer Seasonal. My friends would probably say it's overrated since that is almost all I drink. It still reminds me of Summer though.

My underrated award goes to the movie Miller's Crossing. Thankfully Amazon turned me on to this movie with it's recommendations. It was five bucks and I needed to put my shipping costs over the 25$ mark for free shipping. I had never even heard of this movie before, but to quote a reviewer on Amazon "it's flawless, a jewel you can turn over and around in your hands again and again, seeing a new facet every time, each one striking and smooth and perfect."

the internet/ espn. i remember the day when you had to wait until the next morning to get the scores to the day`s games and even then if the team played a west coast game it would only have the score up until like the 6th inning. now it is there instantly, 24/7.

My underrated award goes to the movie Miller's Crossing. Thankfully Amazon turned me on to this movie with it's recommendations. It was five bucks and I needed to put my shipping costs over the 25$ mark for free shipping. I had never even heard of this movie before, but to quote a reviewer on Amazon "it's flawless, a jewel you can turn over and around in your hands again and again, seeing a new facet every time, each one striking and smooth and perfect."

Turns out those Coen guys know a thing or two about film-making.

Archived