Brewer Fanatic

Sorry Facebook Brewers Fans...

Paul77

Last season there was a fairly long and somewhat heated debate about whether or not the player pages on Facebook- particularly JJ Hardy and Ryan Braun - were real or not. Well, it seems we have an answer. I'm sure this won't end the debate but I thought that all the "old people over 27 who don't understand the internet and young people" would enjoy this.

It's Not Them

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Fielder's page looks legit but then I noticed this written on a group about Favre from "Prince":

Favre sucks. I'm taking over Wisconsin now. You will all bow before my dingers.

It's my time to shine, step aside old man.

After posting the link to the jsonline article on "Braun" and "JJ's" walls I suddenly can't see their profiles or they got deleted. I wonder why that is? Pretty sad that people are doing this to these guys.

Jeff Cirillo had/has a real myspace page that one of his friends mostly keeps track of. Ben Hendrickson and Dana Eveland also have one, I was able to do an interview with Hendrickson via myspace for the Brew Crew myspace Page, then MLB shut it down, along with about 50 other mlb fan pages...15,000 friends, gone.

After that I decided not to start another one, but I was pretty bummed out about the entire thing.

There are a few Brewers who have/had facebook pages. I don't know if they still are active or whatever. The nice thing about some of those facebook pages is there are a lot of fan pictures that people have posted.

I saw Prince's posts about Favre and if it's actually him he used some pretty foul language regarding football so chances are it's not him. I know a lot of the players used to have legit pages, but once they got more popular took them down and people grabbed the names and related pics and put them back up. It's kind of sad since it's a unique way to interact with the. Some people have too much time on their hands to be a Brewer. Wouldn't it be more fun being A Rod or something like that?

who cares, its not them end of story. if i remember correctly there were a few of you guys that really thought it was them. if so i hate to burst your bubble but it was not, and also a side note santa clause is not real. so if its on the internet then it must be true.

who cares, its not them end of story. if i remember correctly there were a few of you guys that really thought it was them. if so i hate to burst your bubble but it was not, and also a side note santa clause is not real. so if its on the internet then it must be true.

I was able to get a few autographs through it so it was cool while it lasted, but there's just more exposure on the Brewers now nationally than there ever has been before. It'll be interesting to see what happens to those that were running those false profiles.

and also a side note santa clause is not real

Obviously, but there's no way you can say the same about the Easter Bunny. Just a few more weeks!

Archived