Brewer Fanatic

Braun for MVP?

Has anyone ever won ROY and MVP in back to back seasons? I think Braun could do it, especially with his move to left field. If he had been in left field at the start of last season, he most likely would have been on the opening day roster. If he had been on the opening day roster, what would his stats have been? He most definitely would have had over forty homers. Couple that with his batting average, stolen bases, and the defensive improvement he would have had from playing an easier position, and he could have won both awards last year.

I think it will be between Pujols, Rollins, Fielder, and Braun this year for MVP. I like Braun's chances of winning this award, possibly very easily.

Has anyone ever won ROY and MVP in back to back seasons?

Fred Lynn did it in the same year.

Moving Braun off of 3b makes him a much better option for winning the award -- that is for certain -- there is no way a guy playing D as bad as he did last year wins the MVP.

I certainly don't think he will win it easily, nor do I think he is any sort of favorite to win it.

Community Moderator

The one thing about MVP voting is that if Fielder and Braun both have monster years, they could split the vote and someone else could get it.

That being said, if they both have MVP-caliber years, I won't be complaining.

If he had been in left field at the start of last season, he most likely would have been on the opening day roster.

No way. Braun was in the minors just because of the arbitration clock. The defense issue was just a cover story. If they were that worried about his defense, they would not have brought him up at the end of May when we were one of the best teams in baseball.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I'm just not sure why

just read that as a haiku

must be the poem thread

Are there any guys we've left off? What about Adrian Gonzalez? Put him in PHI & you might see better production than Howard.

Check out Adrian's road #s from last year - 32 2B, 20 HR, .295/.358/.570/.928

Them's good eatins.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived