Brewer Fanatic

7/29/07: Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cardinals (Wells) 1:15 p.m. CT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they checked the ball at LaRussa's request, it just shows how big of a jerk the guy can be.

I could not agree more. He always has this love-fest with the media, but I've always thought that he's a big jerk. Just trying to get into Yo's head (although it seems to have worked a little bit).

Quote:
How? Just because they had a lead? You're just looking for reasons to not be confident in the team.

I'm just saying the feel of the game is exactly the same. The Brewers get what should be a comfortable lead on the starter. It feels like they are going to let the other team back in, which they already did. Then the Cards bring in a reliever and the Brewers don't even threaten to score again.

Sorry guys, I jinxed the no hitter... I was doing some work on my computer and I had the game on mute nearby and was checking in periodically but not paying close attention. I glanced over in time to see Rickie get intentionally walked and Yo get his hit. Then I realized I didn't see the first couple runs so I went on Yahoo to check the box score. Only at this point, I did I notice Yo hadn't given up a hit. So when the Brewers came back from commercial break, I turned the TV off mute just as Yo began pitching the next inning. Needless to say, if the difference between Yo making the Hall of Fame or not comes down to never throwing a no-hitter, he can blame me... My apologies, Yo.

Archived