Brewer Fanatic

7/29/07: Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cardinals (Wells) 1:15 p.m. CT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
So why are they giving Linebrink three days to have a baby? Isn't his wife having the baby? Fly home this evening (it's a day game here, so he could be at home by 8pm), plan on inducing labor early tomorrow morning. Spend the day with the wife, hugs and kisses all around. Even spend Monday night at the hospital supporting the lovely wife and new addition to the family.

But then get on a Tuesday late morning flight back to Milwaukee for the damn game Tuesday night!

For those unfamiliar with induction, just because labor is induced doesn't mean it will just happen right away. My wife was induced and after about 24 hours, there had been almost no progress. We decided to have a c-section, since there was no guarantee that another 24 hours would make a difference.

So, if Mrs. Linebrink was induced early Monday morning, the baby might not arrive until late that night, the next day, or later.

Quote:
I'll enjoy hearing how you'd like to defend Rickie Weeks' play. That should be good for a laugh or two

What's there to defend? He's playing way below expectations. I'm simply unable to recall the last time you posted anything positive about anyone or anything, and Brettac pretty much nailed it.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Re: Linebrink....I posted that with tongue firmly planted in my cheek in case it wasn't obvious. Although I will say that others have had children without taking 3 days off. But it's completely up to Scott and the Brewers and I wish him all the best.

So when Elmer comes back, my vote is for Yo to go back down to AAA to get a little more experience.

Maybe we can turn him into a 2B....at least we'll get production at the plate out of that position then.

Maybe Moneyball Man thinks it's just a matter of poking her with a stick and out pops the kid!

What, that's not how they do it? In fact, for our first, my wife went into labor about 4am, but before getting her to the hospital, I:

- showered

- stopped at Walgreens for cheap cigars (only place open)

- stopped at Burger King for cheap breakfast (only place open)

- found a great parking spot at the hospital

And by 11am, bingo. Doesn't it always work like this? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived