Brewer Fanatic

7/29/07: Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cardinals (Wells) 1:15 p.m. CT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeks is becoming an interesting situation. His violent swing will continue to put pressure on his wrists and thumbs, so injury concerns will always dog him.

And his inability to hit breaking pitches is really a concern. He wouldn't be the first great prospect to breeze through college and the minors and then hit a wall when finally seeing quality MLB pitching (i.e. real pitchers). I've really wanted to be patient with Rickie due to his talent and what he showed when he first arrived. But I'm starting to fall into the camp that is concerned that maybe he won't pan out like everyone thinks/thought.

So why are they giving Linebrink three days to have a baby? Isn't his wife having the baby? Fly home this evening (it's a day game here, so he could be at home by 8pm), plan on inducing labor early tomorrow morning. Spend the day with the wife, hugs and kisses all around. Even spend Monday night at the hospital supporting the lovely wife and new addition to the family.

But then get on a Tuesday late morning flight back to Milwaukee for the damn game Tuesday night!

what scares me about the Cubs is they really haven't been hitting very well lately but they keep winning. They have had extreme fortune for situational hitting and scoring just enough to win so this last hot streak was as much luck as it was being good.

Now it looks like Lee and Soriano are finding their power strokes again and if the team hits well they'll just continue to win even without the luck helping them out anymore.

Our hitters need to close their eyes and imagine the bases are empty when we have runners in scoring position. Our situational hitting has been fairly putrid all year.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Reverse psychology works again! I love complaining only to be shut up. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived