Brewer Fanatic

7/29/07: Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cardinals (Wells) 1:15 p.m. CT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not overlook another nice outing by Shouse and Linebrink looking pretty good in their innings of relief.

Too bad it was for nothing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

The team is playing like a golfer that Birdies the first 2 holes and is say 1 under after 7 holes. And he just knows that something is going to go wrong and doubles the next hole and triples the ninth hole for his normal 40.

Maybe the Brewers need a clubhouse or dugout fight to get them going.

Maybe we should go acquire Michael Barrett for a day! Let him take a few swings and then send him out somewhere else. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I know Yost preaches patience and controlling emotions, but sometimes a show of emotion can snap people to attention a little bit. Everyone has acknowledged that many of our players are "mature beyond their years", but that doesn't make them veterans of many MLB seasons. You never know how someone will react to a chair going through a window, but I guess at this point if I were Yost I'd try anything!

Or maybe it's a Weeks being sent down. Or flipping the bullpen around a little. But you can't always guarantee results by doing these things either. As an old boss used to tell me, "if it were easy, girl scouts could do it" (and I know, I know, it's sexist so please don't jump all over me for it - I didn't make it up!)

Archived