Brewer Fanatic

7/29/07: Brewers (Gallardo) @ Cardinals (Wells) 1:15 p.m. CT

After getting swept yesterday, being 3-7 over the last ten games, Cordero blowing two straight saves, and seeing the division lead shrink to 1.5 games, I figured it would be a decent idea to try a different one of Woogie's ideas (return soon Woogie!)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JumpinMacFlash/IGT7-29-07pink.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JumpinMacFlash/CardinalsBullpen-1.jpg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked at an interesting stat that should be in the silver lining thread.

The brewers have a 4.6 ERA on the road. That's not impressive in and of itself, however, the Crew has a 4.6 runs/game average. We're 21-31 on the road.

Simply looking at those stats by itself, shouldn't we, if we were of normal luck, be playing .500 ball on the road?

Simply looking at those stats by itself, shouldn't we, if we were of normal luck, be playing .500 ball on the road?

Not quite. On the road, we've scored 238 runs and allowed 257 runs. Judging by the Pythagorean win expectancy, that should give us a 0.461 winning percentage, which would be 24-28 instead of 21-31. So we're slightly unlucky, but not by much.

Bill Schroeder was just talking about last at bat losses by the Brewers and said "If you win half of those, it's not half bad" I have news for you Bill, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!! If you could everybody would be much better than they are.

Oh, that's right, they really don't have stellar pitching - just seems like it this weekend!

You must have missed the first 2 games of the series. hard to be disappointed with 12 and 6 runs (and no, I don't care when in the game they score their runs).

As for the road record, didn't all of Coco's 4 loses come on the road?

Archived