Brewer Fanatic

Scott Spiezio a Troubled Dude (and out of work)

Mass Haas

The initial report

The Follow-Up

And as was pointed out in our recent home page interview with Huntsville play-by-play man Brett Pollock, add Spiezio to the list noted here, along with Jason Giambi and Miguel Tejada:

Brewerfan: I'll ask you as I did Chuck Valenches in Nashville. Do you think that more and more, even the casual local Huntsville fan is appreciating the litany of blossoming big league Brewers who made their way through Joe Davis Stadium? As impressive (and subsequently big-league performance-enhancingly tainted) as the Oakland A's long-time relationship with Huntsville was, it seems to me the Brewer connection has a chance to surpass that in terms of "Star" power, pun intended. Does the Huntsville front office acknowledge players such as Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, J.J. Hardy, Ryan Braun (and others) within the stadium with a wall mural or plaques and such? If not, are there plans to?

Brett Pollock: This has been an issue that has been a real sore spot with me since I joined the Stars right before the 2005 season. While I appreciate that the Athletics were the first affiliate here and that they produced a lot of major league players that passed through here, I cannot understand the fascination in Huntsville with guys that were here 22, 23 years ago. I am continually befuddled, and somewhat angered, as to why the local populous is so proud to claim that Jose Canseco, an admitted steroid user and the self-professed originator of the drug culture that has tainted the game, and Mark McGwire, clearly a steroid user and someone who has disavowed any remembrance of ever playing here, were former Stars and that they saw them play!

honestly the cardinals organization should have seen this coming Dying a sharpee-like goatee "victory red" was an obvious call for help. As a rule people who do extreme things to their noticeable appearance are trying to reach out. See b. spears' bald head, g. steismas mohawk, m.tyson's face tatt, on and on it goes. on a side note: be very weary of people who wear red shoes.

honestly the cardinals organization should have seen this coming Dying a sharpee-like goatee "victory red" was an obvious call for help.

Or the tattoo of his wife taking off her underwear. I mean I obviously feel bad for him, but he somehow needs to get some serious help.

Somewhat off-topic... With the mention of all of the enhanced former Stars, it got me thinking. What if some rich and insane person was to create a baseball league ala the infamous XFL and allow any and all enhancements and He Hate Me type stuff. I could almost see it happen.

I realize that it is against the law to use steroids, maybe it would be more of a don't ask, don't tell type thing.

Archived