Brewer Fanatic

No IGTs Tonight! (7.31.07)

Brewcrewin07

Do whatever it takes. I'm in for locking it. I'm in for a beard. I'll go pee my pants right now if you promise 5/6.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Maybe they need to change that official "pee" website for anytime they can win 5 of 6 vs making the playoffs!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had todays game on my DVR and once we got to the 7th inning,i just fastforwarded through Linebrink's bases loaded situation and he got out of the inning.So when Turnbow got in a jam,i figured i'd try it again,so much for superstition.Then again,i did save myself the torture of watching that 8th inning debacle pitch by pitch,this seemed to make it sting less.Wish i had done the same during the Cordero meltdown,that was brutal and not good for my acid reflux.

maybe the in-game thread should be everybody posts about what else they are doing/watching instead of watching the game.

example: I'll post that I'm sitting on my laz-e-boy that I'm reading baseball weekly while watching the Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Also, if there is no Brewers IGT on Tuesday, the non-Brewers aka Cubs IGT should also not exist. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
This team doesn't deserve our attention right now

Yeah, because all they've done for us is played first place baseball nearly into August!

Forget it. Move on. Nothing to see here.

Check back in when the Brewers are under .500 again.

Quote:
Yeah, because all they've done for us is played first place baseball nearly into August!

Yeah how about you read the whole sentence next time. Like the last two words, right now. So losing 7 games in the division in a month is nothing to worry about.

I like the idea. Obviously the pink GT's aren't working anymore so why not try this?

Has anyone else realized that this current Brewers slide has directly coincided with Woogie's adbsence??

Yes, it makes me sad.

I'm all for no IGT though. I'm going to be working a 4-2:30 a.m. shift this week so it'll be real easy for me to ignore it. I won't even check box scores after I get home.

I've been exercising a lot.

I've been sick this week so I haven't been able to. The Brewers were playing better when I was able to exercise more, so I'm going to forget about it and start activity again.

Anything for the cause

I completely disagree. I thought they played pretty well on the road trip, with poor results to show for it.

They hit, they got great starting pitching.

Their biggest strength all year has been their bullpen, and it failed them 4 times in 8 games.

They lost 2 extra innings games in Cincy that easily could have been wins and blew 6-0 and 5-0 games on back to back days.

Coulda shoulda woulda doesn't mean jack, but 6-2 would have been very attainable.

I still maintain that the most telling stat about the Brewers this year is they have only been swept ONE time (@ SD).

I just think it's silly to not have an IGT. If you don't want to read it, don't. But to not have one isn't fair to the fans that aren't ready to commit suicide over a bad string of events on the road trip.

I'm just as excited for tomorrow's game as I was for Opening Day. If there IS a IGT, I for one, will view it and post in it just like I would any other game.

I knew I caused this losing streak! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Anyway I'm all for a no IGT on Tuesday, maybe we will win. However, since I'm back I have something special in mind for a new IGT in midst of all this losing. It is all up to you guys if you want to have one for Tuesday or I will get the IGT ready for Wednesday.

if the "no in game thread" idea doesn't work on tuesday, maybe wednesday night everyone in the milwaukee area should meet at a sports bar near the stadium and root the brewers on to bust out of this horrible slump...

Quote:
However, since I'm back I have something special in mind for a new IGT in midst of all this losing.

I strongly vote if you have something special in mind to break it out TUESDAY night.

I do not think eliminating an IGT will solve anything. People that don't want to have one, don't have to open it.

I just think it's silly.

Just wanted to throw this out there since people keep bring up the record since being 24-10. Essentially the statistical problem is known as selective end points. And if you instead choose to parse the Brewers record month by month. You find that they had a .500 or better record every month except July. Yes they were well above .500 in June 7 games over if I remember correctly. That doesn't change the overall record, but I think it highlights how dangerous this notion of thinking we've been sliding since a hot start truly is. It also pays to mention how many road games we played in July. You can't exactly go cause and effect with the home vs. road records but it kind of confounds your thinking about what you should expect for this home stand.

I want an IGT. I want Woogie back.

What happens if there's no game thread and they win?

Or worse, they lose?

If they win, will we cease putting up game-threads altogether?

If they lose, will it have been worth it?

"I just think it's silly to not have an IGT. If you don't want to read it, don't."

Bingo. Loath as I am to start it myself (I'm too technologically ignorant to produce any graphics, and too lazy to post stats for both teams), I'll do it if nobody else will.

Those of you who need a night off, take one. The rest of us will soldier on.

Archived