Brewer Fanatic

No IGTs Tonight! (7.31.07)

Brewcrewin07

This team doesn't deserve our attention right now, and for their god awful play this last week, I propose no game thread on Tuesday. They don't deserve one, and frankly, we all could use two days off. We can start it back up on Wednesday or we can just keep "boycotting" the Brewers until they want to show us they are serious about winning baseball games again.

It might change their luck some. Heck at this point we have to try something.

Mods move this to whatever forum you feel is necessary.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone should do what I did and just take a day off. I feel so much better about this loss having not seen one pitch of it. Can't even begin to describe it.

As much of a diehard as I am, it's hard to do that, but I'm ready to avoid all road games the rest of the way and just check the score online later in the day.

It's not that I'm abandoning ship either, it's just killing me to watch these road efforts.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'm off to Houston for a few days anyhow, so I could go along with "no in-game thread". Instead of sitting in the hotel room online, maybe I'll do a filet and a few drinks at Vic & Anthony's (HIGHLY recommended, by the way, if you're ever in Houston).

I am getting pretty scared here. I was hoping to have a Brewer beard all the way into October. I was going to keep my beard until the Brewers were no longer in first place. Anything that will help me keep my beard I am totally down for.

Of course this would happen to be the week I have tickets for two Brewers games including Tuesday http://www.redszone.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif.

Since we're going to be at home we'll probably put up a decent homestand, but the first road game after we should consider doing this again if it works well Tuesday. Or maybe we should just go with the "think pink" theme for every road game.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
Of course this would happen to be the week I have tickets for two Brewers games including Tuesday .

I have tickets to 3 including Tuesday...at least I won one of the games. I tried to take the day off but pulled up on gametracker to see 5-0 in the 7th--sweet.

Do whatever it takes. I'm in for locking it. I'm in for a beard. I'll go pee my pants right now if you promise 5/6.

I'm not voting either way on this idea, but I certainly do need a break at this point. It's been so long that we've had this chance that the emotions of losing these games is taxing. I'm going to boycott for my own health, nothing against the crew.

Archived