Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun on the cover of SI... nooooooooooo!

And That

That's awesome. It's about time we see Brewers players on the cover of SI. Of course, I would prefer to see it on a certain commemorative October issue http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anyway, I thought Prince should have made it last year.

wasn't Fielder on an SI cover last year? Not as the main story but as an inset? I seem to remember that.

Yes, but he was only in the upper right hand corner.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few Brewers on the cover of SI. Fingers in 1982, Yount in 1982, a second Yount in 1982 and Deer in 1987. I think there was also a 1970's issue with George Bamburger on the cover too.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Hey guys, I think you're missing a little something from Braun in the blog.
"It's pretty exciting," said Braun. "I'd prefer not to share it, of course, but I'll take anything I can get."
? I'm sorry kid, didn't know there wasn't enough light there for you. What the heck. Does he know anything about modesty? That sure sounds an awful lot like the guy who showed up the Astros. I'm not impressed with that quote at all.

Hey guys, I think you're missing a little something from Braun in the blog.
"It's pretty exciting," said Braun. "I'd prefer not to share it, of course, but I'll take anything I can get."
? I'm sorry kid, didn't know there wasn't enough light there for you. What the heck. Does he know anything about modesty? That sure sounds an awful lot like the guy who showed up the Astros. I'm not impressed with that quote at all.

What? Talk about reading to much into a comment. Afterall, who WOULD prefer to share it. Its the obvious sarcastic remark to make about sharing a cover.

I'm sorry kid, didn't know there wasn't enough light there for you. What the heck. Does he know anything about modesty? That sure sounds an awful lot like the guy who showed up the Astros. I'm not impressed with that quote at all.
I caught that quote right away as well.

From what I've heard Braun is very confident. Which, lets face - it just a nice way of saying he is pretty cocky.

As long as the Kid puts up a 1.000+ OPS (And doesn't start kicking puppies or the elderly), I don't mind a little swagger.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with Braun's comment either. I don't know what he was asked by the reporter, and I don't know the context . . but it sure didn't look classy in print.

Honestly, stuff like this is part of the reason I like Braun. I doubt he really meant anything by the comment, it was probably more of a joke. Still, I think he brings just a little bit of swagger and cockiness, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as it doesn't go overboard.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Honestly, stuff like this is part of the reason I like Braun. I doubt he really meant anything by the comment, it was probably more of a joke. Still, I think he brings just a little bit of swagger and cockiness, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as it doesn't go overboard.

I agree. I think it's even more of a reason why we need baseball back...enough with looking into words in print and determining how cocky or silly someone sounds. The Brewers need some swagger and cockiness if they want to do anything significant this year. They can't just fade when the pressure is tight.

Braun backed up everything he can do with the bat last year and has barely played defense at 3rd and now that shouldn't be factor being in the OF. Why can't he say that? Do we want a team of good 'ol boys? I think without knowing the context of the quote it's clearly judging him too soon. The question could have been, "how do you feel sharing the cover of SI?"

It's time for baseball to begin...

I'm sorry kid, didn't know there wasn't enough light there for you. What the heck. Does he know anything about modesty? That sure sounds an awful lot like the guy who showed up the Astros. I'm not impressed with that quote at all.
I caught that quote right away as well.

From what I've heard Braun is very confident. Which, lets face - it just a nice way of saying he is pretty cocky.

As long as the Kid puts up a 1.000+ OPS (And doesn't start kicking puppies or the elderly), I don't mind a little swagger.

I don't mind cocky athletes so long as it's not something to where conduct turns off teammates. I hate the Red Sox as much as any baseball team, but i'm a very big fan of Manny. He has a swagger and sometimes cocky attitude, but from what i see, his teammates all seem to love the guy. Deion Sanders in football was cocky and played with swagger, yet every guy that i've every seen interviewed who was a teammate of Sanders had only positive things to say about what a great teammate Deion was.

wasn't Fielder on an SI cover last year? Not as the main story but as an inset? I seem to remember that.

Yes, but he was only in the upper right hand corner.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few Brewers on the cover of SI. Fingers in 1982, Yount in 1982, a second Yount in 1982 and Deer in 1987. I think there was also a 1970's issue with George Bamburger on the cover too.

Yeah the kind of sucked he only made the upper right corner. So I copied you 20fry and opened the issue to the two page pic of Prince and framed it like that. It was a great idea by you, saw it in the collections thread.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived