Brewer Fanatic

7-31-07 Alternate Entertainment

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Would just like to chime in that not having a chat room open tonight is killing me.

Imagine what it would be like to "watch" a game via teletype like they did in the 1900s and 1910s.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote:
I'm on the road trying to see if I can steal Braun some valium from Walgreens in case he has another at bat late in a close game. I might need two bottles for Weeks.

As you might have guessed......I got caught shoplifting the valium...and now I'm typing this from a jail cell.

Quote:
Imagine what it would be like to "watch" a game via teletype like they did in the 1900s and 1910s.

Yes, but at least then I would be surrounded by tens or hundred of other fans, also "watching" the game (as I believe they acted the plays out on a stage in front of a crowd), and be able to discuss the events as they unfolded.

Edit: By the way, "somebody" just turned an awesome double play.

I've been awesome tonight.

Ate dinner, went for a run by the lake, went to Alterra on the Lake for a smoothie, talked for a bit with my college boys (we now live at least 500 miles apart), and just got psyched about the new She Wants Revenge album coming out in October.

Isn't it nice having two off-days in a row?

Archived