Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on ESPN tonight ... apparently not in Milw. area

patrickgpe

just saw on the brewers website that espn is going to carry the game on wednesday. Will it be blacked out in Milwaukee. I thought the there are local regulations for the wednesday game but not sunday or monday, is that right?

(updated thread title --1992)

I also saw that ESPN has that game but I'm 99% certain that it will be blacked out in Milwaukee.

I used to like watching the Brewers on ESPN because of the enhanced production package, but if it means I have to listen to Joe Morgan... no thanks. FSN is still carrying the game, thats good enough for me.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

According to the mlb.com link in Vgmastr's post, the game will be blacked out in the Milwaukee and New York markets, with ESPN simulcasting ESPN News instead.

This shouldn't be an issue for the rest of the state, though.

UPDATE: I see this game is in my DirecTV program guide for tonight. I'm guessing that only the Milwaukee area will be blacked out from this broadcast.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Casey--

Don't bet on that. When the Twins are on ESPN here (I live where both the Twins and Brewers are "home" teams), and they're on FSN, the ESPN feed is supposed to be blacked out, replaced by a black screen and the infamous "Program not available in your area" screen.

I'm assuming that the Brewers are under the same restriction, though I don't know because they haven't had any games that were on ESPN and on FSN this year.

And there are times that DirecTV screws up and doesn't black out the feed. That's usually a good thing for me, since I have HD but I don't get the FSNs in HD yet. So when the Twins are playing on ESPN, a mess-up by DirecTV means I can watch the game in HD.

As long as Sutcliffe isn't on the broadcast team, I'll follow that creed tonight. If Sutcliffe is working, I'm pretty sure I'll suck it up and watch FSN in "standard definition".

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Finallly! I am a HUGE Crew fan from South Dakota, and this will be the first time that I see Braun play. The Brewers are never on tv here unless they are playing the Braves or the Cubs.

Will it be blocked out in Fond du Lac? Or just Milwaukee?

I need to see this game more than anything. If it's blacked out on my TV I'll just have to go to the bar to watch it again. And we don't want that.

3TO Apostle

Bruce Ciskie,

I live in north central Wisconsin?exclusive Brewers territory, but well outside of the Milwaukee market?and I've never had an ESPN Brewers game blacked out.

I know that there's occasionally confusion when regional games are involved. Sometimes, it's not actually a blackout situation, but instead, it's simply been that ESPN has offered a different game in that particular area. In other words, people 'feel' blacked out.

That situation never applies to me, though, because I have all the alternate feeds.

My gut says that this is going to be pretty straightforward because this is a national game with no alternates.

Really? Happens all the time here with the Twins.

(In fact, it happened the last time the Twins were on ESPN and FSN at the same time. They're probably batting about .500 with the ESPN blackout in those cases.)

I'll take it. I don't think tonight's game is on HD for DirecTV people. I'll take HD if it means I have to listen to Steve Phillips, I guess.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

These threads are always so interesting because people are always legitimately confused. I hope members report back tonight just so we can have our curiosity satisfied. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived